Windows 7 Random Blue Screens

Chuck

For a couple of months I have been experiencing random BSOD on my windows 7 machine. I have run Malwarebytes scans and Windows Defender scans, some malware (adware) was removed. Nothing found that causes the BSODs. I just recently found this forum. I have downloaded and ran the Windows 7 Forums Diagnostic Tool and uploaded the results in hopes of getting some help with my issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• SF_26-07-2013.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 428
Thanks for passing along the link. I think that you are right, the file upload is not working for me right now. I tried to upload the Zip file by editing the original post, but it did not make it to the forum. I'll try to upload the Zip file again later...

I'm still not seeing the files Chuck. Let me check all is ok our end..

Looks good now. Perhaps noscript is enabled on your browser? It had me puzzled as well until I realized I needed it disabled for this site.

As for the crashes, unfortunately it's looking like the crashes are occurring too late. It appears a driver is corrupting pool memory. We'll need Driver Verifier enabled. Follow instructions on setting it up, restart, get it to crash the system some, and then send us the resulting crashdumps. If it causes a boot loop, merely enter Safe Mode by tapping F8 key before Windows logo appears at startup, and then disable Driver Verifier there by going back into it and selecting Delete existing settings. Restart afterwards.

Btw, it may be best - in order to avoid potentially false positives - to do a rundown of all your drivers and update any that needs updating, prior to doing the Driver Verifier thing. If you have a custom system (it looks like you do), go to each part's manufacturer website and download the appropriate updated driver there. Do this for each part in your system. Who knows, this may fix the problem itself!

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 4E, {2, 3d255, 137fff, 1}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.SYS
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+8d )
Followup: MachineOwner

Finally! I can now see the files.. :)

Please update your bios:
BiosVersion = V1.9
BiosReleaseDate = 09/14/2010

I see that you do have an update pending:

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/H55M-E33.html#/?div=BIOS

Please update your drivers too. If you use your motherboards website page as a guide google for the latest versions or use our software update section:
http://windowsforum.com/forums/software-updates.55/

If after updating the above you still see bsod please:

Run SFC: Open an admin command prompt (right click on cmd prompt icon and click run as admin) and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Run chkdsk: Right click on Computer icon and choose properties, Tools followed by 'Check now'. Tick the boxes to repair sectors and reboot.

Run memtest:

Download and run for at least 1 pass:

http://www.memtest.org/

Solved! Thanks to everyone who helped out with suggestions. The problem with my computer ended up being a bad DDR3 memory module. After running the Windows 7 memory check tool, the program identified the issue. I removed the single 4GB module originally installed and put in 2 new 4GB memory modules. Got a little performance boost as well as getting rid of the BSODs.

Thanks again!

Chuck

Back