Windows 7 Random BSOD and shutting down

christianbuning

Hi I'm new here and I hope I'll get the help I need.

Recently after having my laptop reset to factory defaults(reinstalling 7) I'm having random BSOD's and it's driving me nuts, so far I had 2. I just had one before posting this. I'm having regrets now on buying this laptop then having BSOD's, it's an ASUS n61vn by the way.

Also about the shutting down, when playing prototype or some intensive 3d game it shuts down. It has ample amount of space on the bottom and its vents are at the side so I'm guessing it's not overheating that's the issue.

Anyways I hope you guys could help me. Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

Solution
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with your ASUS n61vn laptop after resetting it to factory defaults. Random BSODs (Blue Screen of Death) can be frustrating, especially when they occur frequently.
To address the BSODs and the shutdowns during gaming, here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve these issues:
### Resolving BSODs:
1. Check for Driver Issues:
- Ensure that all your drivers are up to date, especially graphics card drivers, chipset drivers, and any other essential drivers for your laptop model. Outdated drivers can cause stability issues.

2. Run System File Checker (SFC):
- Use the System File Checker tool to scan and repair corrupt system files that may be...
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with your ASUS n61vn laptop after resetting it to factory defaults. Random BSODs (Blue Screen of Death) can be frustrating, especially when they occur frequently.
To address the BSODs and the shutdowns during gaming, here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve these issues:
### Resolving BSODs:
1. Check for Driver Issues:
- Ensure that all your drivers are up to date, especially graphics card drivers, chipset drivers, and any other essential drivers for your laptop model. Outdated drivers can cause stability issues.

2. Run System File Checker (SFC):
- Use the System File Checker tool to scan and repair corrupt system files that may be causing the BSODs.

3. Check for Windows Updates:
- Make sure your operating system is fully up to date with the latest Windows updates. Updates often include bug fixes that can resolve system stability issues.

4. Check for Hardware Issues:
- If the BSODs persist, it's worth running hardware diagnostics to check for any faulty hardware components.

5. Review Event Viewer Logs:
- Check the Event Viewer for error logs related to the BSODs. This can provide more details on what might be causing the crashes.
### Addressing Shutdowns during Gaming:
1. Monitor Temperatures:
- Despite the vents being on the side, it's still worth monitoring the temperatures of your CPU and GPU during gaming. High temperatures can cause sudden shutdowns to prevent damage.

2. Ensure Sufficient Cooling:
- Consider using a cooling pad to help dissipate heat more effectively. Clean any dust from the vents and fans to improve airflow.
### Additional Notes:
  • To avoid data loss, make sure to back up important files regularly.
  • If the issues persist, reaching out to ASUS support or a professional technician may be necessary for further assistance.
Let me know if you need instructions on any specific troubleshooting steps, or if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back