Windows 8 Random BSOD's and crashes.

Ok, good. Now try and run a system file check to make sure your os is running in good order::
If you right click in the bottom left hand corner of the desktop you should be able to choose admin cmd prompt from the revealed list. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results. (your still running win 8 right?)

Have you considered re-installing the game too? It might be that with all the bsods some file may have become corrupted.

It is not only one game, it is every game. Some games I can play for like a minute then it crashes. Some games wont even start. I attached a screen shot of the sfc /scannow thing.

Attachments

• capture of sfc.png
    capture of sfc.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 460
Personally I''d re-install your operating system again using a clean install. You have files which are corrupt probably brought about by the bsods.

Personally I''d re-install your operating system again using a clean install. You have files which are corrupt probably brought about by the bsods.
okay, I need to back up my stuff and I dont want to bring all the bad files over. Can I copy all my folders except for the windows folder and be okay? or whats a good way to back up my stuff.

It seems to be fixed. Now i have one question. I have a blue snowball mic and it records very quietly. the volume is at 100 and there is no option for audio boost. what can i do?

Here I uploaded a zipped 30 second video explainig my issue.

Attachments

• obs.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 326
Thanks for that. Try this:
x0b9.jpg
Thanks, that didnt work, I did a bit of research and it looks like my preamp inside my mic is broken. I contacted them for an rma. Thank you so so so so so very very very much for everything.

Thanks, that didnt work, I did a bit of research and it looks like my preamp inside my mic is broken. I contacted them for an rma. Thank you so so so so so very very very much for everything.
I may have spoken too soon about that too. Its not working again.

Is that with the new mic or no?
nah the system/gpu worked for like 1 day when i got it and now one day that since I re-installed windows. I am going to send the gpu in because it seems like a few other people have had this problem and gotten it fixed by updating bios (mines already up to date) or sending it back in to asus. I will get back to you once I get my gpu back.

Back
Top Bottom