Windows 8 Random BSOD's and crashes.

Ok, good. Now try and run a system file check to make sure your os is running in good order::
If you right click in the bottom left hand corner of the desktop you should be able to choose admin cmd prompt from the revealed list. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results. (your still running win 8 right?)

Have you considered re-installing the game too? It might be that with all the bsods some file may have become corrupted.

It is not only one game, it is every game. Some games I can play for like a minute then it crashes. Some games wont even start. I attached a screen shot of the sfc /scannow thing.

Attachments

• capture of sfc.png
    capture of sfc.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 460
Personally I''d re-install your operating system again using a clean install. You have files which are corrupt probably brought about by the bsods.

Personally I''d re-install your operating system again using a clean install. You have files which are corrupt probably brought about by the bsods.
okay, I need to back up my stuff and I dont want to bring all the bad files over. Can I copy all my folders except for the windows folder and be okay? or whats a good way to back up my stuff.

It seems to be fixed. Now i have one question. I have a blue snowball mic and it records very quietly. the volume is at 100 and there is no option for audio boost. what can i do?

It seems to be fixed.

Great!

As for your Mic, check in the control panel under Hardware and Sound, manage audio devices.. See if you can make any changes under the recording tab.

Here I uploaded a zipped 30 second video explainig my issue.

Attachments

• obs.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 326
Thanks, that didnt work, I did a bit of research and it looks like my preamp inside my mic is broken. I contacted them for an rma. Thank you so so so so so very very very much for everything.
I may have spoken too soon about that too. Its not working again.

Is that with the new mic or no?
nah the system/gpu worked for like 1 day when i got it and now one day that since I re-installed windows. I am going to send the gpu in because it seems like a few other people have had this problem and gotten it fixed by updating bios (mines already up to date) or sending it back in to asus. I will get back to you once I get my gpu back.

Back