Windows 7 Random green pixels on DVI-D monitor.

Elijah Reeds

There are random pure green pixels appearing and disappearing on my DVI-D monitor. They only appear when something is moving such as a video, or the Minecraft main menu background, but I know they aren't dead, because they move when I move the window.

If it matters i also have a VGA monitor hooked up to the same PC, and it is working fine, I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium, I tightened the cables and everything, My GPU is two AMD Radeon HD 6530D Graphics chip, and the monitor i'm using with the DVI-D worked perfectly with VGA.

Thanks in advance,
-Eli

Hi

I'd start by updating your video drivers.

Then check the video card control panel, there are usually a few setting that it says to check it you are seeing corruption on your display.

Mike

Hi

I'd start by updating your video drivers.

Then check the video card control panel, there are usually a few setting that it says to check it you are seeing corruption on your display.

Mike

I updated all of my drivers before the post to make sure it wasn't that.

My video card control panel has options for a DVI monitor, such as Reduce DVI frequency on high resolution displays. "Check this to resolve display corruption".

I have a Radeon 5870 video card, and Catalyst Control Panel.

And Alternate DVI operational mode. "Enable this if you are experiencing display corruption on your digital display".

Also check the refresh rate, my monitor supports 75 Hz, but I still keep it at 60 Hz.

Use trial and error and see if any of these things help.

Have you always had this problem with this monitor or did it start at some time after working normally.

If so try and role back to an earlier driver and see if that help.

Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom