Windows 7 Random Product code Prompt

AgentLambda357

Hello everybody :D

Frequent lurkers/helpful people may know me as the idiot who tried to install Ubuntu next to Windows and screwed my system up. That's fixed. I'm not posting about that.

What I am posting about is this: about an hour ago, I got a random window saying that my product key was invalid (This is after it being validated and functional for about a week and a half). It prompted me to either use the automated phone service or enter a valid product key. Fortunately there was a cancel button on the window, so I ignored it. My question is, should this window pop up again, is there something I should do, or just continue to ignore it?

Things you may need to know:
->I have two Windows 7 licenses: The one that came pre-installed on the computer I'm using now, and the one on the disk that I bought for my old computer (which is still running that copy of Win7)
->After my computer crashed the other week, I had to use the disk on my new computer to re-load Windows, but it wouldn't let me use the code that came with the disk. I had to use the code on the bottom of my laptop.

Any comments, suggestions, or emergency warnings would be highly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance for your help.

->I have two Windows 7 licenses: The one that came pre-installed on the computer I'm using now, and the one on the disk that I bought for my old computer (which is still running that copy of Win7)
->After my computer crashed the other week, I had to use the disk on my new computer to re-load Windows, but it wouldn't let me use the code that came with the disk. I had to use the code on the bottom of my laptop.
If it's the laptop on which you needed to run the re-install than you would be best off just booting into the recovery partition on the laptop.

Back
Top Bottom