Windows 7 Re: BSOD When Win7 shuts down or from Sleep

vuhtiel

Hey! I'm having a similar problem, the only difference is that two time I had a BSOD and I weren't shutting down.
See the .dmp files attached

1. The last one, I shuted it down, the screen went crazy and then the BSOD came:
View attachment 102511-18080-01.dmp
2. The one before the last, I was slepping, the pc on and when I woke up the windows was initialized with the message "An unexpected error occured".
View attachment 102511-18049-01.dmp

Thxs in advance

Hello and welcome to the forums.
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Good luck
Randy

According to Trouble instructions I followed the instructions from the thread he indicated.
Here are the information required:

View attachment Seven Forums.rar

As I said before the bluescreen happens usually when I turn the PC off but in some ocasions it happens out of the blue.
I hope now you will be able to help me.

Thanxs in advance!

Hi vuhtiel,

Your dump files have many varied stop codes. This can possibly indicate a hardware problem. Your last dump blames memory corruption. On this basis, can you post snippets of the Mainboard tab,(for bios) Memory tab and all the slot #'s under the SPD tab. Then get ready to run Memtest. A very quick scan of your drivers is showing no horrors in there.

Run Memtest86+ overnight, after your computer has been off for about an hour or two so it has a cold start. Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test.
Note!! Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Test RAM sticks individually. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.

Hi vuhtiel,

Your dump files have many varied stop codes. This can possibly indicate a hardware problem. Your last dump blames memory corruption. On this basis, can you post snippets of the Mainboard tab,(for bios) Memory tab and all the slot #'s under the SPD tab. Then get ready to run Memtest. A very quick scan of your drivers is showing no horrors in there.

Run Memtest86+ overnight, after your computer has been off for about an hour or two so it has a cold start. Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test.
Note!! Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Test RAM sticks individually. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.

Great tips Elmer!
Thank you very much!

So yoou relaly think it's a RAM problem?
I was worried about my HD and with the possibilty of have my PC formated and stuff...

Anyway following is a snippets of my MB tab:
cpz_MB].PNG

Concerning my memory slots I just use this one I have already shown.

I'm going on the fact it was Memory Corruption in your latest dump. It could be a multitude of things, even a driver that is being very coy as to what it is doing. As I cannot see your PC/have no historical knowledge of it, I have to second guess.

Basically it's a process of elimination. However, if you have suspicions that it may be a HDD issue then run chkdsk C: /r as your first check then run the correct hdd checking tool for your make of hdd. HD Diagnostic

Obviously only you can have an idea of what you may think could be causing problems. Usually, in a perverse way, it's good if it's drivers as (a) I can spot those (b) They're free to resolve! (dunno about you, I like free!! :))

But on the info you have supplied so far I would:

Check hard drives.
Check Ram.

When we know they are sweet we can run Driver Verifier to get the rogue driver to stick its head above the parapet. (not 100% on your bios at the moment, but it is this year).

Am I waffling?? I sure is!! :)

I'm going on the fact it was Memory Corruption in your latest dump. It could be a multitude of things, even a driver that is being very coy as to what it is doing. As I cannot see your PC/have no historical knowledge of it, I have to second guess.

Basically it's a process of elimination. However, if you have suspicions that it may be a HDD issue then run chkdsk C: /r as your first check then run the correct hdd checking tool for your make of hdd. HD Diagnostic

Obviously only you can have an idea of what you may think could be causing problems. Usually, in a perverse way, it's good if it's drivers as (a) I can spot those (b) They're free to resolve! (dunno about you, I like free!! :))

But on the info you have supplied so far I would:

Check hard drives.
Check Ram.

When we know they are sweet we can run Driver Verifier to get the rogue driver to stick its head above the parapet. (not 100% on your bios at the moment, but it is this year).

Am I waffling?? I sure is!! :)

Elmer,

I already tested my HD running the chkdsk and with a WesternDigital specific tool. The chkdsk didn't show me any problens and the result of the WDtool was "PASS". Do you think I still have to check it?

I'm at work right now and my home PC is running the Memtest . When I left the test screen was all red! Do you think I should buy another Memory stick or I should test another slot?

I'd say your hdd is ok if it got through both chkdsk and the specific hdd test tool.

Red screen is not good with Memtest!! But I need someone to check out your Ram timings first***, before condemning it. I'd also check the ram in different slots as it may be the slot that's gone wrong.

***If the timings are out then you will get false readings in Memtest.

OK, after consultation your ram is set a bit low, but it wouldn't affect the outcome.

Try the ram in other slots before totally condemning, it could be the slot that has gone bad. (unless of course you've seen a nice shiny new stick of ram in a shop window that just seems to have your name written all over it!!)

OK, after consultation your ram is set a bit low, but it wouldn't affect the outcome.

Try the ram in other slots before totally condemning, it could be the slot that has gone bad. (unless of course you've seen a nice shiny new stick of ram in a shop window that just seems to have your name written all over it!!)

A stick of ram with my name on it would definitely be unusual since I'm Brazilian and these thing are made overseas! :p

So I can trust the memtest results?
And my MB? Is she out of charges?

Yes, that'll be done when you swap the ram into other slots.
What's up Elmer

I just changed the slot and the memtest is the same! Everything is red and there are 41728 errors already!

20111121_001.jpg

Enough to get another Mem stick?

Is there a possibilty of two bad slots? Would I have this bad luck?

So that's all your slots tested? If that's the case then it could be the ram or it still could be the mobo. Have you possibly a chance of getting hold of a ram stick that you know to be good? (I'd personally lean towards the ram stick being at fault, but until a good stick of ram/good slot combination is found there is no surety).

So that's all your slots tested? If that's the case then it could be the ram or it still could be the mobo. Have you possibly a chance of getting hold of a ram stick that you know to be good? (I'd personally lean towards the ram stick being at fault, but until a good stick of ram/good slot combination is found there is no surety).

Hi Elmer,

Long time no msg han!

Anyway I'm posting here just to thank all your assistance. Fortunately the memory stick was still under warranty so I just got a new one at the shop. I already ran the memtest and everything is fine, it passed. Moreover I've been using the PC with all sort of aplications, games and stuff and everything is running smoothly.
It's very good don't have to be worry about the bluescreen anymore, so thank you again.

Regards,

Thiago Tatagiba

Hi Thiago,

Good to hear you got your ram sorted at no cost to yourself. Also good to hear that things are running OK and thanks for taking the time out to give feed back.

See you around the forum.

Elmer.

Back