Windows 7 re installing windows error

Shan Ali Khan

I burn Windows 7 ultimate image on DVD using roxio burn
I used that DVD on my PC to boot that PC , PC took 5 minutes after saying" Press Any key to boot from dc/dvd" and the windows boot manager run and gave the options to run the windows 7 setup rather then starting automaically , and i selected that options to install., windows file started loading...
But i want to install it on my laptop so when i boot it , after saying boot from cd/dvd , it takes 15min that says this error
"UNEXPECTED I/O ERROR"
do you still think there a problem in DVD or in my DVD writer ? i asked so that if theres a problem in my DVD writer so i will not waste another dvd on buring ?

Thanks

I haven't used Roxio for quite some time. Using the built in Windows utility has always worked for burning the .iso files.

But hard to say if a problem exists with the DVD or the DVD drive. The 5 minutes it took on your system, might depend on how fast your processor is and how much memory you have. You do have a flash drive option, if you were to decide to use that.

I haven't used Roxio for quite some time. Using the built in Windows utility has always worked for burning the .iso files.

But hard to say if a problem exists with the DVD or the DVD drive. The 5 minutes it took on your system, might depend on how fast your processor is and how much memory you have. You do have a flash drive option, if you were to decide to use that.

it took 5 minutes on PC ( cure 2 duo , 1.5GB ram ) , although other DVD takes instantly to boot , but mine took 5 mintues.
And i want to install it on LAPtop , core i5 , 3gb ram , here im getting that error ! is there a problem in my laptop dvd writer or there was a problem in burning that it shows ""UNEXPECTED I/O ERROR" after 15min?

The problem with the laptop is what I was referring to. If the DVD drive in it does not fully support Windows 7, it may not be able to read a Windows 7 install DVD, or it is having a problem with the way it was burned.

Beyond that, the first part of the boot expands and loads files into memory. Hopefully there is nothing wrong there.

So, starting from the cheapest to the most expensive. Reburn the .iso using something beside Nero, or burn it again at a slower speed, like 4x.

Get a flash drive and set it up to boot so you can install that way.

Last is a different DVD drive.

Someone else may have more suggestions, but hopefully one of these will take care of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom