Windows 10 Really weird boot up and other issues

her2259

Okay so bought a Dell inspiron 7th gen i5 laptop 2 months ago, so its outside the warranty dates, and I would appreciate some input.

Every time I open my laptop after it has been closed and gone to sleep, the login prompt disappears. The login screen is there, and the mouse and keyboard work but there is nowhere for me to type my password. I can get by this by holding down the power button and turning it on again, but its really annoying.

I tried to boot into safe mode but nothing will work, msconfig does nothing, it just exits the start menu or run command. Pressing shift and restart at the same time do nothing also.

Does anyone know how to fix either one of these problems?

two months old and already out of warranty? have you tried the support section of dell.com? reason i ask is because dell.com would be ubiquitous with dell owners: Support | Dell US

the other guys will arrive in due time … they may also need the exact model of your dell-laptop (5567, etc) … and which version and os-build of win-10 you currently have installed (start-menu/settings/system/about) … thanks.

Back