Windows 8.1 Really Windows 10, The Witcher 3...

Sorry Mike I'm using STEAM, I presume you mean GOG which to be honest I've never used. One Google search I read said that a guy turned automatic updating off and then back on and it started working again?

Hi

I got it fixed.
I downloaded the patch and installed it manually, I'm going to get into the game now and see what happens.

Wos 7 Gigabytes of updates!

I'm not sure how I ended up with GOG, I bought the game on disk, I'd prefer to be hooked up with Steam as most of my other games are.

Mike

Yup just tried it.. I can now run the hair effects as they've now included a lower setting. Cool. I can't figure out what the alternative move is.. He seems to do the same regardless.

If the power went out you will have dropped the torrent and that prob got you kicked from the server at the other end... I would restart the machine (clear any auto updates that happen at startup first) and try to start the download again?

I'm not sure how I ended up with GOG

Have you got (gog) Galaxy installed?...

Witcher has an agreement in place so that people can play against each other reguardless of what copy they own i.e. player 1 has gog and player 2 has steam but they play online ... a good thing imo but thats not the point.

Yup just tried it.. I can now run the hair effects as they've now included a lower setting. Cool. I can't figure out what the alternative move is.. He seems to do the same regardless.

Hi

I think that alternative movement changes the way that Geralt walks and runs slightly.

If you notice in the old movement scheme he would always run several steps when he was in run mode even if you only tapped the forward button, making you over run things unless you switched to walk mode.

Now even in Run mode you can get him to move forward one step at a time.

I have the Walk action tied to my side mouse button so I can switch back and forth constantly.

I'll give the hair stuff a try, I had it turned off before.

I do have GOG installed, when I installed the game from the disks it did it automatically, I don't think I had any option not to.

Had I known it was going to do that, I would have gotten it from Steam.

Mike

On my mouse I've used the side buttons for casting signs and lock on target. The lock on target is particularly helpful in combat where i can quickly switch from opponent to opponent. Another thing which is incredibly handy is that in the inventory when you've read a script or a book it stops being highlighted.. Very handy.

Man I love this game!

Hi

What I really like in the new patch is that once you've read a book or document it says, "You've already read this."
It drove my crazy the first time through because I could never remember if I had or not, and I didn't dare get rid of anything.

I'm still early in the game this time through but I'm finding that your choices do have consequences.
In relation to the Bloody Baron I made different decisions about how I pursued the quest this time and it had a really bad outcome!

I've found other things that are going differently this time as well, so it's fun watching for the changes.

I use those little round foam pads that you stick on drawers and cupboard doors to keep them from banging on my keys to mark specific ones, i.e. "1", "W", "X" and "F" so that I can identify them by touch to keep oriented without looking at the keyboard.

Since "F" and "R" are used a lot in this game,f if I can feel the F key the R is just above it etc.

When I get a new game I can pull them off and place them where I want them, though I change the key settings to keep the games as consistent as possible.

I'm getting a lot better at the combat, once you can move so that you're never in front of the target it gets a lot easier.

I'm still having problems with boxing, nothing seems to work but just hitting the left mouse button as fast as you can.
Moving around doesn't seem to gain me anything?

I'm getting Guent this time and it's fun, but I'm not finding new cards that are helpful to my deck.

I'm mixing it up more this time, doing several quests and then exploring for a while back and forth.
I have found places I missed the first time.

Mike

New DLC content inbound:
witcher dlc.jpg

The Witcher 3 players who have been on board Geralt’s adventures since launch are probably pretty damn good at the game by now, and that means they’re likely seeing a flurry of execution animations in combat.

Even though Geralt knows plenty of ways to chop dudes up, the sheer amount of said chopping he gets through means you will have seen most of these animations dozens – maybe hundreds – of times each.

Well, good news: grab the latest free DLC pack to enjoy a stack of new finisher moves.

This is the 15th free add-on for the RPG; the final planned content drop is due next week. In replies to the embedded tweet below, CD Projekt RED has hinted it intends to go out with a bang.
The Witcher 3: latest free DLC adds new finishing moves

Details on the next patch 1.08:
Today, the studio has released details for patch 1.08, which will add in a new potion to the game and focus on some performance improvements. The new potion is called the ‘wolven hour’ potion and it reduces the level requirements on gear for an hour, which will help out if you are a little under-levelled for a specific fight.

Damn..... I re-installed the witcher 3 from scratch as I thought my back up was getting a bit old and good god the download is now at 30GB! The DLC's will eventually make this about 40+GB! Thats a big game...

Witcher 3 1.08 patch out today!
The Witcher 3 Patch 1.08 Out Today, August 7, Worldwide
The major update debuts soon and brings many fixes
The Witcher 3 update 1.08 is confirmed to launch today, August 7, around the world across all platforms, i.e. PC, PS4, and Xbox One, according to developer CD Projekt Red.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has already been around for a few months, and CD Projekt Red has released all sorts of different updates and patches for the sprawling role-playing game, not to mention new downloadable content for free, in the form of quests, gear, or features.

Now, its long-awaited patch 1.08 is finally set to arrive today, August 7, according to CD Projekt Red Community Manager Marcin Momot.

He confirms on Twitter that the update is going to be available for download later today, although exact timing is unclear, at least for now.

PC, PS4, and Xbox One users should still prepare for the major patch, as it brings a suite of improvements to various mechanics, not to mention bug fixes that target issues that surfaced after patch 1.07 launched last month. Support for the long-awaited New Game+ DLC, which should release after the update, is also included.

Expect to see an official release announcement in the following hours from CD Projekt Red for patch 1.08 for The Witcher 3.

Release notes for 1.08:
The next patch will be arriving quite soon. Please check the list of changes below.

PERFORMANCE:
  • Overall improvements to performance, including some issues that may have been caused by 1.07.

UI:
  • [Japanese Only][PS4 Only] Fixes an issue where the background text of certain books would flicker.
  • Fixes an issue where part of the Kaer Morhen map would not display properly.

GAMEPLAY:
  • Fixes a rare issue where items would disappear from the stash.
  • Fixes a very rare issue which would cause Geralt to get stuck when trying to run.
  • The interaction pop-up will no longer appear on lootable objects that are empty.
  • Fixes an occasional glitch in one of the dwarf combat animations.
  • Heads chopped off during finishers will no longer disappear.
  • "Players can perform a roll just before landing to significantly reduce the damage caused by falling.
  • We've added a tutorial pop-up window explaining this to make it clearer."
  • In patch 1.07, the level requirements for certain items were scaled up, leaving some players stuck with only unusable gear. With patch 1.08, we are introducing the Wolven Hour potion. This potion will be available in everyone's inventory once they install the patch. It will reduce level requirements on all gear for a period of one hour. This will give players time to level up or find alternative equipment using the gear that was available to them in patch 1.05 but became unusable after patch 1.07. After one hour, the potion's effects will cease and the requirements for all gear will revert to their original, pre-potion values.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to compare their items with ones sold by merchants.

ACHIEVEMENTS:
  • Players will now be able to complete the Card Collector achievement.
  • Achievements are now working properly again and will be unlocked if players meet their requirements after installing this patch (PC version).

GRAPHICS:
  • Fixes an issue where interiors would sometimes not display properly on the minimap.
  • Fixes an issue where certain world elements would sometimes be missing and noticeable visual glitches would be present while in Novigrad.

QUEST:
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the "It Takes Three to Tango" quest, even though they had obtained wine at the Kingfisher.
  • Fixes an issue where Geralt would sometimes die after traveling to Velen in the quest "Something Ends, Something Begins."
  • The entrance to the area where the Sunstone is obtained will no longer be blocked off if the player exits it prematurely during "The Sunstone" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to complete the "Get Junior" quest on certain occasions.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the "Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear" quest due to a closed gate.
  • Fixes an issue where some players were unable to investigate rooms during the "Family Matters" quest, effectively blocking their progression.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the "Hey, You Wanna Look at my Stuff?" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to talk to Roche during the "An Eye for an Eye" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Roche would stay at his camp instead of going to the Oxenfurt Bridge in the "Get Junior" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where, under certain circumstances, Yennefer would not appear in Oxenfurt during the "The Great Escape" quest.
  • Drowners will have a harder time killing Nidas during the "Black Pearl" quest.
  • Fixes an issue which led to an infinite loading screen during the "To Bait a Forktail..." quest under certain circumstances.
  • Fixes a rare issue where the basement was locked during the "King's Gambit" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to free the merchant during the Person in Distress event in the Claywich area.
  • The trolls at the Circle of Elements will no longer attack Geralt if he opts for a peaceful resolution.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to talk to Roche during the "Brothers in Arms" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Zoltan's card was unobtainable.

GENERAL:
  • Preparatory features paving the way for the introduction of New Game + in the future.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/54899-Patch-1-08-Notes

Hi

Great shot.
I love the graphics in this game, best ever.

I just finished my Windows 10 final install and the game was one of the first things that I got running.
No install required just run a graphics patch that's in The Witcher folder and it was up and running.

I had to copy all of my saves from my old Windows User folder.
Now I'm right back where I left off.

Did you notice that the people on the mainland all have English accents, but on Skellige everyone talks with a Scottish accent?

Mike

I love the graphics in this game, best ever.
Agreed. I love being in skellige. The soundtrack is simply awesome and if you've ever visited Scotland especially on the the Isle of sky and the Cullin range it's so similar.
I always back my saves up too..Just makes sense.. :)

When I updated to the final build I lost all my saves of witcher 3 for some reason but luckily I had made a backup image before hand so I got my saves back from the image and all worked great im back to were I was again.
The only trouble im having is windows keeps updating my graphics driver and I keep having to roll it back to 15.5 (amd) so my games run better.

Ah thanks for that Kemical but im sure I used that troubleshooter tool before on the same driver problem. Maybe it was on a previous build I cant remember. But I will look into it again thanks.

Back