Windows 10 Recently removed a trojan from win10

Hemant000

i recently found out that my laptop has a trojan , which came with a software i install 6 to 7 days ago . windows defender found out it but was unable to remove it.Every time it reboot it came back.I checked in task manager for startup program , there was a strang prgm csrss.exe. So. it was a trojan in the name of csrss.exe i tried to delete it but didn't work.so, i tried using antimalware software and it got deleted.
Now my concern is ,how can i know what kind of operations that trojan has executed on my laptop?
How could i know that? Is there is any way to do this?
Please help me , if you can.

csrss.exe is a legitimate process that runs on all Windows systems, unless you're looking at malware that is masquerading as csrss which is certainly possible.

Without proper tools preinstalled, no you won't be able to get a full picture of what the malware did on your system, without the tools you could only gather limited activity.

You should run a windows repair utility to check if there any system files missing from your Computer.

The first indication that a Trojan virus has entered your computer is when it acts very strange and the behavior of the whole computer is different.

• It would help you to know how to detect Trojan virus on computer if you will notice that the desktop screen has changed. You will notice a big difference in the color of the screen and the screen resolution has also changed. Sometimes, the screen will turn upside down for no reason at all.
• It would help you to know how to detect Trojan virus on computer if you will notice that your antivirus or any security software was disabled. A Trojan horse virus has the capability of disabling your anti-virus software can deny you from accessing it. This would make you hard to remove the Trojan virus that entered your computer.
• It would help you to know how to detect Trojan virus on computer if you will notice some changes in your taskbar. A good sign that your computer is already infected with a Trojan horse virus when the taskbar disappears altogether.
• It would help you to know how to detect Trojan virus on computer if you will notice some changes to your web browser software. You will notice that the default home screen of your browser has changed without your intervention and you were redirected with a promoting website.
• It would help you to know how to detect Trojan virus on computer if you will notice there are lots of annoying pop-ups. Aside from normal advertisements that you will see on the internet, you will be annoyed with the numerous pop-ups on your screen that offers a lot of products or sometimes offers you a security solution. If you accidentally click the link, it will download more malware into your computer.
• It would help you to know how to detect Trojan virus on computer if you will notice programs running on your task manager. Sometimes you cannot open the task manager itself.
• It would help you to know how to detect Trojan virus on computer if you will notice some changes in your wallpaper. The wallpaper on your desktop might also be affected if it was infected by a Trojan horse virus. There will be some changes to the program icons and other desktop applications.
• It would help your to know how to detect Trojan virus on computer if you will notice that the mouse moves by itself or vice versa. You will also notice that there are some functions on your mouse that performs differently.
• It would help you to know how to detect Trojan virus on computer if you will notice some unusual messages appearing on your screen and there are also weird graphic displays.

There you all se that Windows defender IS NOT Good att protecting any computer.. A good protection should have BLOCKED the malware from entering the computer at all.. And you also know that Defender simply CAN NOT HANDLE the malware that it runs into..

Try to use a much better, but still FREE protection.. Like: Sophos Home. Cybersecurity Made Simple for Home Computers. (You register for a account and may use that account to protect 3 different PCs/Macs.. FOR FREE! Premium works for up to 10 different PC´s/Macs)
And when you install a real protection, defender automatically gets turned off! So it does not need to be uninstalled or anything...

I wouldn't agree with that statement. Lots of end point protection software do no provide in-memory protection so any that don't cannot stop malware before it tries to write to disk or has been written to disk. (These attacks take advantage of flaws to pivot or execute locally on a system) This doesn't generally mean post execution. To make matters worst even more end point protection software do not have any type of script control (batch, visual basic, and powershell) a very large portion on malware these days is delivered via built-in scripting functionality (referred to as 'living off the land' attacks) to deliver a second, third or even more stages or payloads to infect a system

Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.
Press the power button again to turn on your device.
On the first sign that Windows has started (for example, some devices show the manufacturer’s logo when restarting) hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.
When Windows restarts, hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.
Allow your device to fully restart. You will enter winRE.

Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>Restart
After your device restarts, you’ll see a list of options. Select option 5 from the list or press F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
While your computer is running in Safe Mode with Networking, we will need to download, install and run a scan with Malwarebytes

Back