Windows 7 recover an outlook email thats been deleted

franktheman7

I have win 7 32bit and outlook 2010, I deleted an email and then deleted it from the delete folder but I now need the tracking no. in the email, how would I get this email back off my hard drive,

Please help, frank

Deleting messages from the Deleted Items folder is similar to deleting files from your hard disk. It marks the messages as deleted and hides them but doesn't remove them from the PST file. However, that space can be overwritten, so it is important to recover the deleted messages as soon as possible so they do not become corrupted with other material. When you compact the PST file, it removes the deleted-deleted messages so don't run compaction until you have recovered everything you need.

Certain versions of Outlook contain an undelete tool if you are using an exchange server. Here are a couple of links:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246153
http://www.addictivetips.com/microsoft-office/outlook-2010-recover-deleted-emails/

There are a number of third party programs that will recover deleted-deleted messages. One is Disk Doctors: http://www.diskdoctors.net/recover-deleted-emails-pst-file.html

I have win 7 32bit and outlook 2010, I deleted an email and then deleted it from the delete folder but I now need the tracking no. in the email, how would I get this email back off my hard drive,

Please help, frank

Depending on what email service provider you use and how you have the settings set in Outlook, you might be able to retrieve it from the original email server. In outlook do you have it set do delete from server when you delete if from outlook. If not you have a good chance of getting it back, providing that's it's from an ISP/POP3 account. If it's from a web based service like gmail, yahoo and outlook.com, then the no.

I need to recover a deleted outlook email thats been hard deleted
any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you, Frank

LOL, just saw that I had posted that already.

Last edited:
I need to recover a deleted outlook email thats been hard deleted
any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you, Frank

What's wrong with any of the suggestions that have been put forth all ready? Have you tried any?

I believe that link is for Microsoft's cloud version of Outlook (outlook.com), which is an entirely web-based email client. That won't help with Outlook 2010. Microsoft should really do a better job of naming their products.
I tested this by deleting emails from within Outlook 2013 then accessing them and recovering via a browser and outlook.com and it worked ok.

I tested this by deleting emails from within Outlook 2013 then accessing them and recovering via a browser and outlook.com and it worked ok.

OK, this relates to what bassfisher suggested. If you are using POP3 to retrieve messages from outlook.com into outlook20xx, you may be able to re-retrieve them if outlook.com isn't configured to synch delete them.

Back
Top Bottom