Windows 7 Recover lost clicks

bigharry

My friend has just bought a new laptop with Win 7 and it has the annoying habit of actions by hovering the mouse arrow instead of actually double or single clicks. My older Win 7 does not do this. can I change my friends system?
Thx...bigharry

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Look in the control panel either at mouse and pointing devices or something specific related to the laptop's touchpad (maybe called synaptic or something similar).
Adjust the sensitivity for the tap to click feature or disable it all together and see if that stops the symptoms.
Regards
Randy

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Look in the control panel either at mouse and pointing devices or something specific related to the laptop's touchpad (maybe called synaptic or something similar).
Adjust the sensitivity for the tap to click feature or disable it all together and see if that stops the symptoms.
Regards
Randy

I tried but could not find anything in Control panel about adjusting mouse sensitivity. A lot of other stuff but not that. It could be the wireless mouse left key was sticking down and I'm checking with my mate about that possibility. Thanks for your help
Regards
harry

Back
Top Bottom