Windows 7 Recycle Bin renames files when dragged out to restore

TechnoCat

I have been having this problem with my Windows 7 x64 Professional install.
Whenever I delete a file to the recycling bin, and then drag it out (to the desktop usually) to restore, the file is renamed to what it would be like in the temp folder.

Is this the expected action of Windows 7 and dragging files out of the recycling bin? Or is there a way to restore the "restore" function of dragging files out of the recycle bin.

In the third frame of this picture I am dragging a file from the recycle bin to the desktop.
Link Removed due to 404 Error

I see what you are saying but I was unable to replicate the problem. :frown:

It seemed to work just fine for me.

Is this the only problem you;re having on your commuter.

Do you often restore files from the Recycle Bin?

Is this the only problem you;re having on your commuter.

Do you often restore files from the Recycle Bin?

This is currently my only problem. I did a clean install of Windows 7 a few days ago. And yes, I do find myself dragging things out of the recycle bin to the desktop frequently. Or at least I did on every previous version of Windows.

One thing to note is: It always messes up the filename, but the extension is always intact.

Sorry. This is a "solved" or "closed" thread. I have only just spotted it. But I was drawn to the first post " Or is there a way to restore the "restore" function of dragging files out of the recycle bin."

I am not sure what the OP was asking here, but the "restore" function is still in the recycle bin. Open and right click the object) But maybe I am misunderstanding the OP's query?? But this will only restore the object to its orignal location, of course. I'm probably totally off track. The OP is concerned with an option to "drag and drop" ? (Which he has solved!)

Back