Windows 7 Red Squares and green lines

joeaverage45

The last few days my computer freezes at the starting windows screen. My system has been running totally fine for a long time until a few days ago. It started randomly freezing playing Fallout New Vegas. I downloaded the latest drivers but it didnt help anything. Sometimes i would get a message that a kernal stopped working and recovered. Other times i had to turn it off manually. Now as it boots up there are red squares and green lines all over the loading screens before windows tries to start. The windows logo comes up and it says starting windows and freezes. Sometimes it restarts itself sometimes it just sits there. I can get to the desktop in safe mode. I uninstalled the video drivers in safe mode and restarted and get the same thing when trying to boot normally. I am running 2 nvidia 8600gt cards in SLi. I tried to get it to boot with both cards by themselves, but get the same thing. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Generally that sounds like overheating video cards or they starting to fail, often a symptom of hardware fails or driver problems.

Back
Top Bottom