Windows 7 reghakr please help with blue screen

JonDavidShaw

Reghakr,

You seem to know what you are doing, and i have read many post that you have replied to people about having blue screen problems.

I have listed my system config under my name so that is already ready for you. I seem to be having a frequent problem while using firefox and on the web, downloading of any sort, and when i play any game online. I read one post that someone was having a problem with their network driver, so i when to gigabyte.us and downloaded the most frequest W7 64bit driver for my motherboard, but it did not fix the problem. I tried using the one that came with the disk, but it is only made for Vista so i was not able to use it.

Sorry forgot to add that this is a clean install, not a upgrade. I was using Win XP SP3 before i installed this.

I also checked my Device Manager and there are no issues with any hardware.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again

Jon

Last edited:
Can ou read what the Blue Sceen says (Stop Error, IRQ_NOT_EQUAL, etc.

Right-click on Computer, choose properties, click the Advanced system settings, then the Startup and Recovery settings button and uncheck Automatically restart.

Another freeware app that may help is BlueScreenView v1.15

Roger that, i will do it as soon as i get home. Im currently at work so i cant do anything right now. Thank you for the quick reply though... i really appreciate it. And what does that freeware do?

Thanks again

Jon

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

those were the different ones that i have came across per that software you recommended.

Thanks!

WOW,

Did Bluescreen View give you any good information of file names that could be causing the blue screens.

I'm looking for filename that appears more than once.

You could also open a command prompt and type in sfc /scannow

I've never seen that many. Did you notice this occur after installing some programs or making any other modifications to your system?

If it hasn't been that long since you installed, I would recommend you perform a "clean" install.

Be aware, you'll néed to re-install all your 3rd party applications.

Just write down a list so you'll know what to re-install.

ill check it out. I looked at some other forums online, and someone said it was because of their profile, so i made a new profile and deleted my old one, and it hasnt done it to me yet... but we will find out. i will get that other info to you as soon as i can. those were not all on the list at the same time, just all the blue screens i have had since i installed win7. ill let you know asap. thanks again.

well it didnt work out, so i did another clean install, and im just being careful on what i install and dont install. i do have quite a few cracked programs that i have downloaded, so right now im just sticking to the basics of what i KNOW is good. thanks for all the help man, it was GREATLY appreciated.

Aight. So i have run into one problem now. I own Nero 7 and tried installing it, BUT when i did, it gave me a blue screen like at 85% installing. This is what came up under that blue screen viewer software you gave me.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

edit: but it might just be that its a older version. im installing nero 9 trial right now and its working fine so far. we will see :D. just means ill have to buy a new one :-(

Last edited:
I believe Nero install a driver as many other CD/DVD burning programs do.

Restart your computer tapping the F8 key and choose last known good configuration.

After that, open a command prompt and type sfc /scannow

well i did one more clean install and havent touched Nero at all. I looked online for more issues containing Nero and Windows 7 and found quite a few. Most couldnt get it to install, but the ones who did had problems with using it, or it would freeze up their computer, so im guessing it is with Nero. Hopefully i wont run into any blue screens for a while, and for now i will have to dual boot to windows xp. thanks again for the help, and if i run into any further problems, you will be the first i contact lol.

Thanks again for the help!!!

well i did one more clean install and havent touched Nero at all. I looked online for more issues containing Nero and Windows 7 and found quite a few. Most couldnt get it to install, but the ones who did had problems with using it, or it would freeze up their computer, so im guessing it is with Nero. Hopefully i wont run into any blue screens for a while, and for now i will have to dual boot to windows xp. thanks again for the help, and if i run into any further problems, you will be the first i contact lol.

Thanks again for the help!!!

which bits of nero do you need ?

trying to get Nero 9 to work correctly

but nero 9 has become horrible bloatware , I gave it the sack a couple of years ago and haven't needed it since :razz:

windows own burner does a decent job and there's a host of quite good free burning programs out there ;)

Ok, so im back to square one. So i got quite a few more blue screens recently, just have been busy working, so i havent been able to post. All my blue screens have happened after installing updated drivers, updates for windows, and random software that i use. But i was doing alot of internet browsing at work, and i was seeing my sound driver and vid driver were having conflicts with each other. So as of right now, im back to a clean install of Windows 7 with ONLY my vid driver, no windows updates, and only Mozilla Firefox installed. I want to test it and after that i will move on.

Ok, so now im thinking it is a RAM issue, if not RAM then a motherboard issue, im not sure which one. I have done alot of reading up on the faults i am getting. Im running a bare minimum Windows 7 Home Premium right now, nothing extra installed except the video card driver.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

is the last one i have had, and it was while running Orthos and testing my RAM modules. In less than 10 minutes i had a blue screen.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

That one was a random one that was during my computer running idle before i had even started to update my video card driver, so im not sure why that one even happened. I got in contact with Mushkin and they are sending me replacement RAM.

If you have any idea's please let me know. I have to work off of my POS laptop with vista x32 until i get my RAM back. Please any and all comments are welcome.

Nero is over with, i havent even bothered with it anymore. Now its a relation with something with my computer and blue screens. currently running memtest to see what happens.

edit: still currently running memtest, but i have ALOT of failures right now, so im gonna guess that its my RAM. already have a return and replacement approval from Mushkin, so i will be shipping them back tomorrow morning.

now im sad :-(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom