Windows 10 Reinstall Microsoft Edge Browser in Windows 10

cursedboy

I was trying to reinstall the edge browser in Windows 10 using Powershell Command and getting this
M9DKbQS.png

Anyone got the solution?

If you're using the -AllUsers switch you need to run the command from an elevated powershell prompt. Right click on powershell and select "Run As Administrator" and re-run the command.

If you're using the -AllUsers switch you need to run the command from an elevated powershell prompt. Right click on powershell and select "Run As Administrator" and re-run the command.

Did that, but still getting a same error. I'm on Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14332

It's failing on the Get-AppxPackage part. You can try and reference the manifest with the absolute path.
Add-AppxPackage -Path "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode

It's failing on the Get-AppxPackage part. You can try and reference the manifest with the absolute path.
Add-AppxPackage -Path "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode

getting this

upload_2016-5-10_22-3-37.png

I don't have my Win X box available, I will look when I get home. The xml manifest might be in Program Files.

@neemo: I think we covered this in a previous post recently, but there are tools to REPAIR the Edge browser, but not to uninstall it or reinstall it as it's part of the W10 OS kernel. At least that's been my understanding. This is similar to folks trying to uninstall/reinstall IE11 in Win8x. So, your shell command is attempting to do an overwrite of the package from the W10 manifest, right? Similar to what SFC does when it finds an out of date or corrupted systems file. Just curious.

Cheers!:curious:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Not exactly BBJ. The metro apps have the core application which my proposed fix wont address and each user has a registered copy of each app plus a cached profile. Removing the profile will break the user specific registered program. My fix will repair that part. If it's broken at the system level it will not fix it.

Back
Top Bottom