Windows 10 Remote Access Software

Pivou

Hello,
I'm looking for remote access software tools like TeamViewer. Just a tiny bit less expensive. Cause I'll rarely used it, but still require a business license.
Nope-list:
  • Mircosoft RemoteDesktop
  • Chrome Desktop
If you know a good app, please let me know.
Many thanks in advance.

PS: Here's a copy of my original post, just to give less confusion...
---
Hello,
I wanted to connect to my parents pc(in a different city), we both installed remote desktop, but are unable to connect each other pcs.
The device-name is correct, also remotedesktop is activated in the system setting of both computers.
Is there anything else left to do ?

Many thanks in advance.

---

Last edited:
There would be quite a bit of additional configuration to make that work. Also it's not a good idea to expose RDP to the internet since it's not all that difficult to compromise. You'd be better off setting up something like team viewer which is a ready made solution for what you're looking to accomplish and there is a free non commercial version

Thank you,
but my parents run a business, and I'm partly involved. TBH the TeamViewer-License is a bit pricey for us.
It looks like I have put way too much trust into microsoft's userfriendliness :(

In that case, please reframe your question. It sounded like you were only asking why Remote Desktop didn't allow connection between you and your parents’ PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can look into reverse VNC too which should offer better security then RDP or look at hosting a VPN server on their network. The Sophos UTM Home license is free for up to 50 internal IP addresses and can support a number of VPN connects which are far superior to others for security. Added bonus would be all the functionality of a fairly decent firewall.

Back