Windows 7 Remove Drive Showing Up That Doesn't Exist

cgrim29588

When I go into my computer I see: OS (C:), DVD RW Drive (E:) and then the drive that doesn't exist Removable Drive (G:) and I don't have an external HDD attached just my printer and that has never shown up for my printer.

dziffc.png

Could it be that you have a printer attached or some other device that has a card reader slot on it?
If you double click it does it reveal any contents, or do you get a prompt to insert some type of media.
If you open tools->folder options, then on the view tab have you selected to "Hide empty drives in the Computer Folder?

The only things I have connected are my keyboard, mouse, printer, and my wireless adapter and when I clicked it I get prompted in inserts some kind of media.

OK.
Does the printer have slots that allow you to insert memory cards from cameras or other devices into it? Or does the computer itself have any such card reader slots?
Did you try the option to hide empty drives under folder options view tab?

Yes my printer does have slots that allow you to insert memory cards from cameras or other devices into it, but my computer does not and I did try the hide empty drives under folder options view tab and now it doesn't show up.

Yes my printer does have slots that allow you to insert memory cards from cameras or other devices into it, but my computer does not and I did try the hide empty drives under folder options view tab and now it doesn't show up.
OK, so I'm guessing or maybe hoping that, that's a good thing? Of course you could followup, if you have an SD card or whatever media is supported by the printer slot, by inserting something into it just to confirm.

Back
Top Bottom