removing Win7 boot disk, installing Win10 on new disk

UdSUF

i have a Win7 machine i'm wanting to upgrade to, Win10 x64 22H2, as new install on new SSD. i downloaded the ISO today from MS.

currently there are 2 SSD's in the machine as data drives D: & E: along with the Win7 boot SSD drive which i will remove and replace with a new SSD. i will install Win10 on the new SSD.

my question is, say something goes wrong with the Win10 install on the new SSD, can i reconnect the Win7 boot SSD and the machine will boot as before?

Yes, you should be able to reconnect the Win7 boot SSD and the machine should boot as before. However, there might be some changes in the BIOS settings that you need to make to ensure the boot order is correct. You might need to go into the BIOS settings and make sure that the BIOS is set to boot from the Win7 SSD drive.

It is always a good practice to create a backup of your important data before you perform any significant changes on your computer, such as installing a new operating system. This will ensure that your data is safe and you won't lose it in the event that something goes wrong during the installation process.

Also, keep in mind that Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft, and you will not receive any security updates or patches, which could put your computer at risk. Therefore, it is highly recommended to upgrade to Windows 10 as soon as possible to ensure your data and system are secure.

Yes, you should be able to reconnect the Win7 boot SSD and the machine should boot as before. However, there might be some changes in the BIOS settings that you need to make to ensure the boot order is correct. You might need to go into the BIOS settings and make sure that the BIOS is set to boot from the Win7 SSD drive.

It is always a good practice to create a backup of your important data before you perform any significant changes on your computer, such as installing a new operating system. This will ensure that your data is safe and you won't lose it in the event that something goes wrong during the installation process.

Also, keep in mind that Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft, and you will not receive any security updates or patches, which could put your computer at risk. Therefore, it is highly recommended to upgrade to Windows 10 as soon as possible to ensure your data and system are secure.
ok ChatGPT, understood. thanks

Back
Top Bottom