Windows 10 Renew Licensing for Windows 10

Pete Passof

Every time I open my laptop I get a message alerting me that it's time to renew my Windows 10 license. I got a free upgrade about a year after I bought my laptop (2014) and do not have a product key. The message I am getting is to go to PS settings and then Activation. At this point, I am given no instruction for my next step. I am beginning to think that I am dealing with a scam. Any ideas or help would be appreciated

Windows licenses are perpetual licenses and do not have any sort of renewal. You can check the status of your license by running the command

slmgr /dlv it should say licensed under License Status. If it does not then it's not properly activated. This could be due to a recent hardware change or some other situation.

Assuming that you wanted me to start with the windows Start, I typed in slmgr /div and ended up with the notepad file. How ever there was nothing in the information saying whether it was licensed. The only hardware I have added is a new digital hard drive and a back up drive and this was done about two years by a well qualified IT technician who lives in this community. Do you think I need to get a hold of him to see what he thinks?

Back
Top Bottom