Windows 10 Replaced drive, where do i download win10

LT72884

Ok, so my laptop came with win8, then i did the free upgrade to win10. However, i am in the middle of replaceing the bad drive in my laptop with a new 250gb ssd drive. here is the issue... Where do i download win10 from microsoft for free for my new drive since i had all ready paid for win8? but the drive with win8 is bad.. Im kind of stuck.

thanks

Matt

ok, thank you. i am going to check that out now on my schools computer. This will allow me to download win10 full version and install it onto the empty drive? Thanks, im just making sure i follow you

FYI, i found what killed my laptop drive.

Wheni would close the lid, the drive stayed on sometimes for up to an extra 20 minutes. I did not know this untill oneday my backpack was scorching hot and when i pulled the laptop out, the drive light was orange and blinking and the fans were going like crazy. I opened the screen and sure enough, it had never fallen alseep. so moving around from class to class and moving that backack from shoulder to the groaund, ended up damaging the drive.

So you don't do it again!
If processes are still running, in particular the forced updates, closing the lid will not always close down the computer/laptop.

So you don't do it again!
If processes are still running, in particular the forced updates, closing the lid will not always close down the computer/laptop.
Once i noticed it, i never did it again. Its not like i did it on purpose and was intentionally doing it haha. I use the sleep button now, but the damage has been done.

Thats another issue. I have hit the sleep button, its gone to sleep, i close lid, and about an hour later, with lid closed, it just starts spinning up. I open up screen and it says its downloading updates. I didnt tell it to wake up and do that. So having the drive spinn up when its asleep and screen closed because it wants to update is very stupid of windows haha

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Back