Reporting Posts feedback

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Thank You
First of all a big thank you to all those users who take the time to report unwanted posts like spam for example.
Most of the time we manage to catch many of these posts but as it's an international forum many of us are from differing countries with different time zones so some errant posts can and do slip through. If it wasn't for those with sharp eyes they would be missed for sure. So again a big thank you from everyone on the team. :)

What happens to spam posts?
We have an auto process here that with a few short clicks we can determine if the spammer is using different IPs or aliases. In any case these posts are removed and the spammer banned. I've made it a point now to also ban their IP too.

I always feel like I'm a Stasi informer when I report, and I do report when I find something that "doesn't really fit". I have this inbound fear, I will be banned or expelled due to blaming or condemning innocent ones. Well, so and this far, all is Mark Twain.

We can all make mistakes (including and especially me!) but if we act with the best intentions and try to avoid too many mishaps then we have done our best and n0 one can ask more. There are no reports or bans which cannot be reversed and apologies tendered when they are applied in error.

I have this inbound fear, I will be banned or expelled due to blaming or condemning innocent ones. Well, so and this far, all is Mark Twain.
This will not happen.

It wasn't that seriously meant, more like a mind boggle. I sometimes practice what can be called "bad humor".

Thanks to You, and thanks to Pat. Thanks to you all.

Back