Windows 10 Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Computer

Installed the app on W10-64 Pro. Working ok for me. Found the icon in start menu and pinned it to my taskbar.

Does the Colornote app show up in W10 Programs and Features? You can access this by right-clicking on the W10 Start Flag on the lower left of your W10 desktop/taskbar. If your app does NOT show up in Programs and Features, then it's not getting into the W10 registry correctly, and the registry is blocking the installation, or the app is just poorly coded as you mention. Since you have multiple computers to try, the first thing I would do, is to use a computer where you have not yet installed this app. MAKE CERTAIN THAT YOU HAVE DISABLED YOUR PRIMARY AV (ANTIVIRUS) PROGRAM, INCLUDING WEB SHIELD, E-MAIL SHIELD, AND ANY FIREWALL THAT'S ENABLED!!
No one has yet mentioned this most basic procedure. Installing new apps on Windows PCs without turning off your AV has been a thing since 2003; that's 14 years now. Without doing that, your AV (such as built-in Windows Defender, Norton, Avast, McAfee, Trend Micro, etc.) will automatically block ANY new app from installing into Windows of any version (from W2k-W10) because the heuristics detect and block massive changes to the Registry. Very simple, and very well documented all over the Internet.:nerdie:

If you do this on a computer or computers that have never have your app installed on them, and they still don't install, then yes, I would be leaning to poor coding of the app.:ohno: You mentioned you've been using the app on Windows phone for years; but W10 has merged the mobile windows versions and the PC versions, so it's very likely that the company who wrote your Colornote app simply hasn't caught up with the new merge and corrected or compensated for the latest PC version of W10. If you follow my procedure on at least 2 computers that haven't had the app yet installed and it still fails, that's the most likely scenario. Have you tried contacting this company? Are they aware of this problem? Are you the only user of this app on the planet??

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

In that case I would not even consider using it.

Let's test:
Download from MS W10 Store - ok; install - ok; there is an icon:up:; click on it - it starts and asks for signing in using Facebook - or Google account, using my Gmail account - ok; I am in.
And the final test, removing it.

And everything seems to be ok

Tested on W10-32 Home
Hope this helps
Hmmm , Thats interesting. That colornote app is the only app that I have had problems with.

Does the Colornote app show up in W10 Programs and Features? You can access this by right-clicking on the W10 Start Flag on the lower left of your W10 desktop/taskbar. If your app does NOT show up in Programs and Features, then it's not getting into the W10 registry correctly, and the registry is blocking the installation, or the app is just poorly coded as you mention. Since you have multiple computers to try, the first thing I would do, is to use a computer where you have not yet installed this app. MAKE CERTAIN THAT YOU HAVE DISABLED YOUR PRIMARY AV (ANTIVIRUS) PROGRAM, INCLUDING WEB SHIELD, E-MAIL SHIELD, AND ANY FIREWALL THAT'S ENABLED!!
No one has yet mentioned this most basic procedure. Installing new apps on Windows PCs without turning off your AV has been a thing since 2003; that's 14 years now. Without doing that, your AV (such as built-in Windows Defender, Norton, Avast, McAfee, Trend Micro, etc.) will automatically block ANY new app from installing into Windows of any version (from W2k-W10) because the heuristics detect and block massive changes to the Registry. Very simple, and very well documented all over the Internet.:nerdie:

If you do this on a computer or computers that have never have your app installed on them, and they still don't install, then yes, I would be leaning to poor coding of the app.:ohno: You mentioned you've been using the app on Windows phone for years; but W10 has merged the mobile windows versions and the PC versions, so it's very likely that the company who wrote your Colornote app simply hasn't caught up with the new merge and corrected or compensated for the latest PC version of W10. If you follow my procedure on at least 2 computers that haven't had the app yet installed and it still fails, that's the most likely scenario. Have you tried contacting this company? Are they aware of this problem? Are you the only user of this app on the planet??

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>
Hello BIGBEARJEDI, I will certinly try what you have suggested and report back and what happens . Thank You

It is a store app. It doesn't show up in program and features. You will find it in the start menu. From there you can open it or uninstall by right clicking on it.

Hmmm , Thats interesting. That colornote app is the only app that I have had problems with.
MAKE CERTAIN THAT YOU HAVE DISABLED YOUR PRIMARY AV (ANTIVIRUS) PROGRAM, INCLUDING WEB SHIELD, E-MAIL SHIELD, AND ANY FIREWALL THAT'S ENABLED!!
But as usual, our more profesional friend BBJ has a point here. I use MS Defender on the test machine and it was functional during the test.

But, holy cow, it is not for the cowards, installing a unknown app without protection. :eek: I would not dare to advise it....

Greetings from The Netherlands

But as usual, our more profesional friend BBJ has a point here. I use MS Defender on the test machine and it was functional during the test.

But, holy cow, it is not for the cowards, installing a unknown app without protection. :eek: I would not dare to advise it....

Greetings from The Netherlands

Thank You

Hi

Tagging on at the end here but I just want to say that I recommend a program named Agent Ransack to everyone.
It is a search utility that it far superior to Windows search.

Many times faster and more complete then the native search engine.
It can search an entire drive in a matter of seconds, it will find anything that you are looking for.

It has a variety of options that let you zero in on what you are looking for.
It's free and I've used it for years with many versions of Windows.

Agent Ransack - Download

Once it's installed it will be added to your right click menu so you just point where you want to search, click on Agent Ransack, type in what you are looking for and say go.

Mike

Back