Windows 7 Reset Windows 7 Password?

No free ones. I see the only way to make one from Windows 7 is to use a floppy or usb flash.
Joe

I found this one and tested it on a virtual pc and it seemed to work here is the download link Link Removed - Not Found This one shows how to use it Link Removed - Invalid URL I don't know if there is any effect on encrypted or password protected files.
I wonder what genius at MS decided to use floppy disk! I found a reset disk from either 7000 or 7100 but it doesn't work the wizard only allows floppy drive.
Joe

I found this one and tested it on a virtual pc and it seemed to work here is the download link Link Removed - Not Found This one shows how to use it Link Removed - Invalid URL I don't know if there is any effect on encrypted or password protected files.
I wonder what genius at MS decided to use floppy disk! I found a reset disk from either 7000 or 7100 but it doesn't work the wizard only allows floppy drive.
Joe

Thanks.... I'll give it a try.

To use your password reset disk to reset your password

You will not be able to follow these steps if you have locked your computer.

1. If you have typed the wrong password, you'll receive a message that says your user name or password is incorrect. When this message appears, click OK.
2. Click Reset password, and then follow the instructions.

To use an administrator account to reset your password
Warning: If you use an administrator account to reset the password, you will permanently lose access to any e‑mail messages or encrypted files that are on that account.

1. Log on to the administrator account that you will use to reset the forgotten password.
2. Open Local Users and Groups by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER.* Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
4. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
5. Type and confirm the new password.

The password reset disk can be created with any removable media, including CD’s and DVD’s, USB flash drives and floppy disks.Can you tell me how to reset using usb flash drive.

The password reset disk can be created with any removable media, including CD’s and DVD’s, USB flash drives and floppy disks.Can you tell me how to reset using usb flash drive.

The last time I tried making a password reset disk in windows 7 the only choices were floppy or usb flash.
Joe

reset windows 7 passwords

reset windows 7 passwords
I hope this can help you.last month my sister had the same problem,and then we solved it as follow: There is a way to reset the password and it doesn't involve reformatting and reinstalling Windows. The solution is called "Windows Password Key 8.0". It is the most popular and safe solution for resetting your Windows password until now. You can search it from: Google

I found this one and tested it on a virtual pc and it seemed to work here is the download link PCLoginNow (PC Login Now) Free Download to Reset Windows Admin or User Password « My Digital Life This one shows how to use it PCLoginNow, How to Reset Windows7 Administrator Password. I don't know if there is any effect on encrypted or password protected files.
Joe

If it's Windows XP, just log on as administrator (assuming the administrator account has no password, which is quite likely). Whilst I haven't used XP for a while, I think that if you start Windows in Safe Mode, you can also get access to the Administrator account at the Windows login (I could be wrong, but worth checking). Once logged in as administrator, you can remove the password for the other user account(s).

I found it amusing just as its a year exactly. I learned awhile ago to check the date of the last post.

I found this one and tested it on a virtual pc and it seemed to work here is the download link This one shows how to use it PCLoginNow How to Reset Windows 7 password or Recover Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista Administrator Password with PCLoginNow. I don't know if there is any effect on encrypted or password protected files.
Joe

If you want to reset an administrative password on Windows, you need to be logged into a secondary account with administrative rights, once logged in, open the command prompt as an administrator, type in ( without the quotes): " net user %username% * "
This will prompt you to enter a new password for the account.

NOTE: %username% is a variable which holds the current ( logged on ) user name. Please replace %username% with the account name you wish to reset the password for.

If you have no secondary accounts try running a live version of Windows/Linux from a disc or 3rd party tools.

Last edited:
If you want to reset an administrative password on Windows, you need to be logged into a secondary account with administrative rights, once logged in, open the command prompt as an administrator, type in ( without the quotes): " net user %username% * "
This will prompt you to enter a new password for the account.
How to Reset Windows 7 Password in 3 Ways if You Forgot or Lost it
NOTE: %username% is a variable which holds the current ( logged on ) user name. Please replace %username% with the account name you wish to reset the password for.

If you have no secondary accounts try running a live version of Windows/Linux from a disc or 3rd party tools.
Once the computer was locked ,no one can get into computer to open the command prompt as an administrator,obviously this is invalid , we can try using other account to access to computer ,

Last edited:
You can use a install disk/usb to gain access by replacing the useragent. But I'm not going into the full procedure here, but google is your friend with this.

you can use window password recovery tool
after that create a bootable recovery disk with a USB drive
insert the USB password locked the computer
boot computer from USB
and reset the password

Back