Windows 7 [RESOLVED]Errors in Event Viewer

BobbyB

Hello,

My machine has been running a bit sluggish recently. After running various clean up tools this does not seem to change the performance on boot up and i still get a few errors that come up sometimes. I have been searching the internet and found this site answered a couple of the issues i have. However there are still quite a few more issues which i will detail below. Hopefully someone can help with these issues.

Issue 1 - Restore Point

Failed to create restore point (Process = C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs; Description = Windows Update; Error = 0x80070422).

I have already gone into services and checked Volume Shadow Copy & Windows Backup services. Both of these are set to manual. Ever since i have had this PC it will not create a single restore point. Even when i used the recovery option on my pc and re-installed windows the error appears pretty much straight away in teh event log.

Issue 2 - Microsoft Windows WMI
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Have not done anything about this one as i have no idea what this is.

Issue 3 - Restart Manager
Application 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MR APP\MRAPP.UI.exe' (pid 2772) cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID..

Faulting application name: MRAPP.UI.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52af9fae
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.1008, time stamp: 0x517a18ff
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x0000000000020ec0
Faulting process id: 0x11a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf06eefa911e27
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MR APP\MRAPP.UI.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 6e60febb-72e6-11e3-b488-005056c00008

Some times i get an error message in windows advising the MRAPP.UI.exe has crashed and this is the error i get afterwards. Again no idea what this is I have re-installed framework to see if this is the issue but didnt seem to make any difference.

Issue 4 - Service Control Manager

The Peer Networking Grouping service depends on the Peer Name Resolution Protocol service which failed to start because of the following error:
%%-2140995069

The Peer Name Resolution Protocol service terminated with the following error:
%%-2140995069

The Peer Name Resolution Protocol cloud did not start because the creation of the default identity failed with error code: 0x80630203.

All 3 of these errors are related. i have already stopped the services and gone to C:\WINDOWS\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking and deleted the files idstore.sst and idstore.sst.new. however when i restarted the processors these files was not re-created. But no errors have come up with so not sure about this one.

apologies for the long post i wanted to make sure all the information was here. If anyone replies can that mark what issue they are referring to.

Thanking you in advance :)

Last edited:
Thank you Saltgrass :) downloaded the file and it stats problem fixed so issue 2 is sorted :) thank you

For Issue 4, the services you mention appear to depend on the Peer Networking Identity Manager (p2pimsvc). It should be a manual start, but can you see if you can start it in Services.msc? If it starts, try starting the services that depend on it like the Peer Networking Grouping and Peer Name Resolution Protocol. I do not run any Cloud configurations so I am not familiar with that type of operation.

Is this Issue related to HomeGroup operations?

An anti-virus may be involved since they have, at times, blocked certain communications on a system.
-------------------------------
Issue 1 might be a little harder. You say you have not been able to create restore points from the first install, before other software was even loaded?

Have you checked the Restore point configurations in systempropertiesprotection.exe. You have it turned on for the primary partition? Have you tried deleting all prior restore points and then creating a new one?

Is the indexing service turned on?

Have you made any changes to the basic install folder locations or any permission changes?

For Issue 4, the services you mention appear to depend on the Peer Networking Identity Manager (p2pimsvc). It should be a manual start, but can you see if you can start it in Services.msc? If it starts, try starting the services that depend on it like the Peer Networking Grouping and Peer Name Resolution Protocol. I do not run any Cloud configurations so I am not familiar with that type of operation.

Is this Issue related to HomeGroup operations?

An anti-virus may be involved since they have, at times, blocked certain communications on a system.
-------------------------------
Issue 1 might be a little harder. You say you have not been able to create restore points from the first install, before other software was even loaded?

Have you checked the Restore point configurations in systempropertiesprotection.exe. You have it turned on for the primary partition? Have you tried deleting all prior restore points and then creating a new one?

Is the indexing service turned on?

Have you made any changes to the basic install folder locations or any permission changes?

Issue 4

I cant only start Peer Networking Identity Manager manually. The other 2 just says failed to start and gives error codes. HomeGroup operations does use this but its not the sole program that does. According to services this is what the 3 are for.

Enables serverless peer name resolution over the Internet using the Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRP). If disabled, some peer-to-peer and collaborative applications, such as Remote Assistance, may not function.

Enables multi-party communication using Peer-to-Peer Grouping. If disabled, some applications, such as HomeGroup, may not function.

Provides identity services for the Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRP) and Peer-to-Peer Grouping services. If disabled, the Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRP) and Peer-to-Peer Grouping services may not function, and some applications, such as HomeGroup and Remote Assistance, may not function correctly.

Issue 1

I did not change change any permissions or settings during the install. Indexing is turned on yes. However in systempropertiesprotection.exe it did state that protection was off for Local Disk. I turned it on and got bunch load of errors etc. But i has aloud me to manually create a restore point.

So fingers crossed this might be fixed :p

For Issue 4 it seems you have found the suggestions to delete certain files. But you say when you did, they were not recreated in your circumstance. The linked thread shows one of our members, Trouble, going through the process by stopping a service, then deleting the files and restarting the service and they were recreated.

My two files showed from May of 2013 yesterday, but I just started the three services and then shut them down and the files were renewed. If your services won't start or renew, it might be related to the Default ID situation. Are there any messages in the Event Viewer about that where something is denying access for some reason? Have you run any other software or tried setting up a Homegroup? There is a Homegroup Troubleshooter in the Network and Sharing dialog, maybe it would point to something in addition to what you already have.

http://windowsforum.com/threads/peer-networking-grouping.74675/

If it will not work, there are some threads about changing permissions on a specific folder, but there should not be a need for that unless something corrupted your system. Have you run a System File Check lately? You know, where you open an Administrative Command prompt and then type SFC /Scannow .

This i have to tell you has been the biggest pain in the bum ever. First of all i like to point out issues resolved. however i am gonna explain what i did and what my machine did just in case anyone else has this issue.

first of all i followed the instructions below:

http://windowsforum.com/threads/peer-networking-grouping.74675/

the files did not return afterwards. so i looked for more info on Default ID as there was also an entry in the event log:

The Peer Name Resolution Protocol cloud did not start because the creation of the default identity failed with error code: 0x80630203.

i came across this site which a lot of people said it fixed their issue:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...e-resolution-protocol?forum=w7itpronetworking

however did not fix it for me either. I ran System File Check and although it stated there was corrupt files it still didn't fix the issue after it repaired them.

so i ran the homegroup diagnostics and it only told me what i already knew and that it couldn't fix it. so i went to:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\HomeGroup

i selected Leave the Home Group, i then selected Don't Leave but change what i'm sharing.

i changed the media settings, i.e blocked to all and saved them. When i did this it re-created the files idstore.sst and idstore.sst.new at C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

i then went back to my services and restarted them and it started without any issues at all. i then went back to homegroup and selected vhoose media streaming options and set all devices back to allow.

I then restarted my PC and went back to services and all Peer services are running correctly :)

very odd solution i know but it worked. Thank you Saltgrass for your assistance been a great help :). hopefully anyone who also tried the above but didn't work will find this of some use.

Good job on getting it working, and thanks for the report.

Long Path Tool works well to copy or delete long path files, you may use it and I m sure you will love it.

Back
Top Bottom