Windows 7 Resource Monitor not monitoring!

totalz

Checked the Services, I don't think I disabled anything related...

Nothing is shown under all those tabs, not even CPU - Processes!

If you installed any updates, un-install them, restart and try again.
If you used any programs to tweak your system, undo them, restart, and try again.
Try a system restore.
Go to VIEW\Update Speed and make sure it's not set to PAUSED

Try this:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

This might have similar solutions but check it out:
TPaul24's Profile

Last edited:
Thanks zvit,

Unfortunately the uninstall of kb977074 doesn't do the trick!

It's a fresh install of Win7 ENT, and I did Windows Update right after! I have not install any "funny" apps, so it's probably the M$ screw up... Don't think it's an unfair statement! Just tried ProcessExplorer, which is fine in all column displays. However, the "command line" column in taskmgr isn't working neither!

Last edited:
Perform system restore on your computer.

System restore will take your computer to pervious state when it was not facing such problem, this can be done by selecting the proper restore point.

To restore the operating system to an earlier point in time, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then click System Restore in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

2. In the System Restore dialog box, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.
3. In the list of restore points, click a restore point that was created before you began to experience the issue, and then click Next.
4. Click Finish.

Back