restarting Windows 8 laptop

Taylor Smith

I'm having difficulties with my windows 8 laptop when I tried to just restart all of my things on my laptop I booted it I guess, and I accidentally deleted all of my files. Now it's stuck on a install windows saying: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot process. To install Windows, click "Ok" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." I clicked ok and its doing the same thing it was doing before. How do I fix this problem? I'm getting quite frustrated. Clicking f8 is not working I restarted the laptop more than 5 times, and it's the same thing.

ussnorway

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Premium Supporter
then we have a problem because they are all different... in any event (assumes no warranty is still covering this machine) I'd recommend taking this laptop to a shop | friend that does repairs and asking them to insert a new hdd then install Windows onto it... your Current windows 8 key should kick in automaticly as long as you use the same version as it came with which is almost always just a standard home edition.
  • if you can't afford the hdd thats up to you but a fresh one will be much better because the old one may still have some data you'ld like to keep and it almost always is formatted during the new install.