Windows 7 Right Click problem on Windows Explorer

vladqui

I made a clean install of Windows 7 on my computer and everything was working ok until a couple of days ago.
When I try to right click on a file within Windows Explorer, for instance to change its name, the program stalls and I need to close-restart the program.
Previous to the problem I had installed nothing (soft or hard).
I use BitDefender and there are no identified virus.
Any ideas why this is happening..?

Thanks

Try exiting/turning off the BitDefender and see if the explorer behavior changes. Did the explorer function alright right after you installed 7 ?

Solved!

Of course it worked well AFTER I installed Win7, since it is part of it...

Well, I found this 'solution'... not sure why it is related, but the case is... it fixed the problem...!
Thanks Chief Brody!

Link Removed - Invalid URL

"very common"????? Hmmm, then why don't I have it on 2 Win7 machines & why is this the 1st time I've heard of it?

This is a very common X64 Win7 problem. There is another thread open on this problem in this forum. I have it on two out of three computers running X64 as well as others that have voiced their complaints too. Search for "explorer restarting" Win7 64X and you will find a lot of hits on the internet.

Hi BusyDog
Do you know if this problem persists on the W7 commercial version?
I am still working on the Evaluation copy Build 7100, and I supposed it could be updated with any available patch.
...Or is it too early to have any available patch...?

Hi BusyDog
I am still working on the Evaluation copy Build 7100, and I supposed it could be updated with any available patch.
This problem exists on the RTM too.

This problem exists on the RTM too.

not heard of this problem until today, i wonder if it's a sick malware put out on friday the 13th :frown:

can you tell me how i could reproduce this on my test rig with an RTM copy of 32 or 64 bit ?

not heard of this problem until today, i wonder if it's a sick malware put out on friday the 13th :frown:

can you tell me how i could reproduce this on my test rig with an RTM copy of 32 or 64 bit ?
You must be kidding.... If I could consistently reproduce this I could solve the problem. It happens randomly and obviously on a small percentage of X64 rigs. I believe you must be using Firefox on X64 but that is just an educated guess at this point.

Of course it worked well AFTER I installed Win7, since it is part of it...

Well, I found this 'solution'... not sure why it is related, but the case is... it fixed the problem...!
Thanks Chief Brody!

Windows 7 \"Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working.\" Annoying Problem, Very common Among Win7 Users.

If this is really involved you can get to it by using the Action Center-Action Center settings - Link near bottom.

I was thinking it might have something to do with Date Execution Prevention (DEP), but I suppose not.

This is a very common X64 Win7 problem. There is another thread open on this problem in this forum. I have it on two out of three computers running X64 as well as others that have voiced their complaints too. Search for "explorer restarting" Win7 64X and you will find a lot of hits on the internet.

It happens randomly and obviously on a small percentage of X64 rigs.
confused.com

I believe you must be using Firefox on X64 but that is just an educated guess at this point.

I use opera / IE / chrome but how is the browser I'm using relevant ?

I'm not convinced we are all on the same page here :redface:

"very common"????? Hmmm, then why don't I have it on 2 Win7 machines & why is this the 1st time I've heard of it?
When I got Vista in December of 2008, I paid the $10 to get the x64 version and installed it. It took about a week for me to go back to the 32 bit because of Explorer crashing. So this problem has been around for a while and not just with Windows 7.

I wasn't referring to the browser you were using but rather that I use Firefox and I can stop the problem dead in its tracks for awhile if I close and open Firefox again in the Administrator Mode. I am going to use Chrome for awhile and see if the problems subside or even go away.

I wasn't referring to the browser you were using but rather that I use Firefox and I can stop the problem dead in its tracks for awhile if I close and open Firefox again in the Administrator Mode. I am going to use Chrome for awhile and see if the problems subside or even go away.

ahh i think we have crossed wires here as this thread is about windows explorer and you are talking about internet explorer ;)

It came back!

Back into track..!
Bad news...the same problem returned...
I think Ickymay can be right and this is some kind of malware for which there is no cure yet...
After such a long and intense Evaluation period with thousands of users around the world, you would hope W7 would be almost bug-free.... It is discouraging...:frown:

I will keep looking for solutions, though...

Hi BusyDog

I think your problems will stop once you are using the final product, The 7100 build is still capable of producing the strangest of bugs :confused:

right click issues

hi all after having major issues myself with right click in windows 7 i think i may have found a fix.

If you have keyboard and mouse drivers installed try uninstalling them with revo uninstaller. And then re download windows7 drivers from keyboard/mouse manufacturers website.

It solved the problem for me hope this helps.

Dan

hi all after having major issues myself with right click in windows 7 i think i may have found a fix.

If you have keyboard and mouse drivers installed try uninstalling them with revo uninstaller. And then re download windows7 drivers from keyboard/mouse manufacturers website.

It solved the problem for me hope this helps.

Dan
voicey28 would you care to elaborate on how you can use revo uninstaller to remove device drivers? I've searched all of its options and advanced mode and see no way to do that other than the conventional Device Manager approach.

Back
Top Bottom