Windows 10 ripping music to windows media player

anthony stewart

I have not been able to load my cd's onto windows media player in windows 10. There is no "rip" feature. I also tried downloading music from me smartphone, and that does not work either. It seems like I have to buy an app in order to load cd's that I've already paid for. If this is true, that does not compute with me. It worked automatically in windows 8.1 and windows xp. It does not in win 10. Please advise.

I still see the Rip settings in the options, I doubt it would be there if it doesn't work still. I changed mine from WMA format to MP3 and set the bitrate at 190, but I don't even own any audio CD's anymore to test it!

For some reason my version of WMP does NOT have a rip option. It's version 12, I'm at lost to figure out why. It's on mp3 okay; most of my cd's have been transferred to my smartphone, but the computer does not recognize it as a device. I had transferred the music from my old computer which was windows XP, but its bit the dust now. I think the various devices are not syncing with each other.

Last edited:
Back