Windows 7 RTM will land in July/August?

Ahmed Alzayani

RTM will land in ...

Now that Microsoft confirm that the public RC will land in May 5th (Leaked RC should come much sooner hopefully, some say by this week) , And we know from Microsoft that the RC will be available through June (from the leaked RC page) .

So logically the RTM (7700?) will follow in a month or two after the RC (July/August?) , and General availability two month after that (October?) .

What do you think?

Why the hell does everyone assume RTM will be 7700?
Since Windows 7 emerged on the net in Dec 07, we've seen it go from 6519 to 7106, that's less than 600 builds in 16 months, and you think it's going to go another 600 in ~6 months, when most of the major changes are done?

I call shenanigans.

Also, I predict the RTM will be in Sept or closer to October.

Is there a prize for this poll? Otherwise I only see it as a waste of space.

Why the hell does everyone assume RTM will be 7700?
Since Windows 7 emerged on the net in Dec 07, we've seen it go from 6519 to 7106, that's less than 600 builds in 16 months, and you think it's going to go another 600 in ~6 months, when most of the major changes are done?

I call shenanigans.

Also, I predict the RTM will be in Sept or closer to October.

Vista build number was 5384 for Beta 2 (in may 2006) & it was 6000 for the RTM (in November 2006) (616 builds jump in just 6 month) . Microsoft tend to jump to significant number whenever major milestone is done. so why not :p.

Vista build number was 5384 for Beta 2 (in may 2006) & it was 6000 for the RTM (in November 2006) (616 builds jump in just 6 month) . Microsoft tend to jump to significant number whenever major milestone is done. so why not :p.

There was also great NEED for improvement and bug-fixing when it came to Vista, honestly, the RC could probably be released as the RTM and would perform much better than Vista or even XP did comparatively.

There was also great NEED for improvement and bug-fixing when it came to Vista, honestly, the RC could probably be released as the RTM and would perform much better than Vista or even XP did comparatively.

I got to agree so far windows7 has been a Revelation . I can only guess at any further improvements MS have up there sleeve .
The most significant OS for ease of use and layout MS have ever produced and no need of service packs to make it function ;)

Is there a prize for this poll? Otherwise I only see it as a waste of space.

Agreed completely!! ;) There are way too many threads popping up that are just a waste of space.. that's the trouble when every build made is leaked though.. ;) Some people just can't seem to grasp the concept of the whole OS process..

I mean really, I saw a thread that was nothing more than the person asking if they could just keep build 7000 after Windows 7 was out in stores.. as in crack it and just use it rather than the finished product... If those kinds of questions have to be asked than I really don't think those people should even be touching Windows 7... ;) But hey, that's just me.. what do I know right?... hahaha

Agreed completely!! ;) There are way too many threads popping up that are just a waste of space.. that's the trouble when every build made is leaked though.. ;) Some people just can't seem to grasp the concept of the whole OS process..

I mean really, I saw a thread that was nothing more than the person asking if they could just keep build 7000 after Windows 7 was out in stores.. as in crack it and just use it rather than the finished product... If those kinds of questions have to be asked than I really don't think those people should even be touching Windows 7... ;) But hey, that's just me.. what do I know right?... hahaha

Guess they could keep the build 7000 disk as a coaster -very handy :)

Back