Windows 7 running Mahjong Titans only runs using "as administrator"

gcohen6

I have Win 7 SP1 on a Lenovo Y580. The problem I am having is that I can only run some games, such as Mahjong Titans if I right click the Mahjong Icon and select Run as Administrator.

My account is an administrator account.

Any suggestions?

I have Win 7 SP1 on a Lenovo Y580. The problem I am having is that I can only run some games, such as Mahjong Titans if I right click the Mahjong Icon and select Run as Administrator.

My account is an administrator account.

Any suggestions?
I tried Run in Sandbox, and that works too. So I clicked on always run in sandbox and that seems to be a workaround.

Before I tried that, I shut off all virus protection and firewall and that did NOT help.

You could go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts and change your user account control settings. That's not a problem if you are the sole user, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it - the setting has nothing to do with your AV / Malware security, as is.

Another way could be, to add Take Ownwership http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/ --- it has helped many. Nice, non resource using program, it can be helpful with other administrative issues too, Windows 7 is quite paranoid.

Back