Windows 7 same BSOD daily

Martin Hickie

I have a HP Pavilion DV6 laptop with windows 7 64 bit installed. Everytime I login and after a few minutes a BSOD error comes up saying "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval". It also gives me an error code of 0x00000101, I have searched this on google but forums are telling me that it could be the processor itself, but I want to double check that it is the processor before if decide to buy another. A photo is attached which shows the BSOD and where is also 8 minidump files in my onedrive for just this month alone, so can someone please tell what the minidumps say what the issue is.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=CA20511261C3DC5E!2778

Regards

Martin

Attachments

• 20141122_225535.jpg
    20141122_225535.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 343
Hi Martin,
apologies I started on your dump files but had to go out I'll finish them now.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 101, {61, 0, fffff880009e8180, 1}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Martin,
The above Bugcheck means a secondary processor didn't do it's job in the required time or not at all. It probably isn't meaning your actual processor but another like the gpu or audio chip for example. You also had a couple of Bugcheck 50 dump files blaming corrupt memory and indeed one of the causes for the Bugcheck can be faulty memory as well as driver issues, system service issues and out of date bios.
Looking through the dump file further you can see in whats called the 'Stack Text' this: HpetClockInterrupt or high precision event timer is a hardware timer used in personal computers and it looks like this starts the issue off. What is causing it to do this isn't so clear although the process CCC.exe (Catalyst control centre) was running at the time of bsod.
Drivers for laptops are usually supplied by the manufacturer and of course as your system is of some age the available drivers are not latest versions. Please make sure I have the correct support page for your system:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&cc=uk&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4034005#N3734

BiosVersion = F.07
BiosReleaseDate = 10/10/2009
SystemManufacturer = Hewlett-Packard
SystemProductName = HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Please update the bios although it is critical you make sure the download is the correct one.

Rather than use the gpu driver found on the support page try the driver from AMD:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows 7 - 64

adp94xx.sys Fri Dec 05 23:54:42 2008
adpahci.sys Tue May 01 18:30:09 2007
adpu320.sys Wed Feb 28 00:04:15 2007
The above drivers belong to Adaptec and relate to storage? Is this something you've fitted as I cannot find anything relating to the above in the lappies support page?

Update what you can via the support page and see how you go with the AMD driver.

Post any new dump files.

ok I will test the two ram sticks one at a time in each slot and see which one is faulty. Does the GPU surpose to be a thermal pad on it as the laptop hasn't and how do i check to see if the audio chip is fine?. I have installed the latest graphics drivers which are from AMD themselves. I hoping of finding what the issue is as its doing my head in.

how do i check to see if the audio chip is fine?
If the audio works then leave it at that unless there is a later driver version on the support page? If there is then update same goes for your other drivers too.

I have tested both of the ram sticks in each slot and i still get my bsod and the hard drive works fine aswell. I was think of taking the cpu cooler off and put new thermal pads on the cpu and the other chip (i think its the graphics chip) and see how that goes. I have also checked all the usb's, monitor, ethernet and hdmi and they are working so what else could be causing the bsod. Would a clean copy of windows 7 64bit solve the problem??

Er..... Apart from changing the GPU driver did you try anything else I suggested?

When you tested the RAM what did you use and for how long? (it does make a difference)

What about the Adaptec drivers I asked about, do you know what they relate to?

If you have new dump files then please post.

I have found out that adp94xx.sys is a sata driver, adpahci.sys is another sata driver and adpu320.sys is a SCSI driver. I used the ram that was in the laptop and one of my own but still got the bsod

Lol... I don't think you get my point. Those Adaptec drivers are not displayed in the support section of the webpage and I wondered if they are not part of the normal machine why are they there? Do you have and external hard drive perhaps or have you fitted a RAID contoller?

Also what application did you use to test the RAM with?

Oh and you mentioned about improving the cooling on the CPU and GPU... Is this because the temps are high? If so please post the values.

Also please post any new dump files

I searched them on google but i doesn't say they are part of the laptop so i am thinking of reformatting windows and see if them adaptec drivers are back on. I used windows own memory and memtest86 but ram comes back fine. The temp for cpu is 50-59C, cant find out what the gpu is and the fan a bit loud, cleaned it last night which doesn't help

Ok I have fully tested the ram and comes back with no issues, same as hard drive. I have reformatted windows 7 and still get bsod, will upload new dump files in the morning. So what else can i do?

Well I really need to see the dump files in order to advise you further. Did you also update the Bios too?

Back
Top Bottom