Windows 7 Samsung PC Studio won't work

Still not able to get it to work

This solved my problem. Now I can use my phone as a modem...

Thanks to Gahzee

[quote author=Gahzee link=topic=10344.msg240929#msg240929 date=1262227881]
It works for me. It didn't work at first but I figured out how later on.
I currently have Windows 7, 64 bit.
If you have installed Samsung New PC Studio, go to the folder to where you installed it.
(ie. 64bit: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung' or 32bit: 'C:\Program Files\Samsung'), if you have not installed it yet, you can download it Link Removed due to 404 Error.
Now, in the Samsung folder, there should be a folder named 'PC DLC Driver' (without the '). If you do not have that folder, please reply saying so.
If you have that folder, continue on:
1.) Go to Control Panel (Start -> Control Panel)
2.) Click Hardware and Sound
3.) Click Device Manager (in the Devices and Printers section)
4.) There should be a device named "Unknown Device" or something similar to it, I have no clue since I've fixed it already (sorry!). It should look like this:
35ix93m.png

make sure Unknown Device is under Other Devices!
5.) Right click the "Unknown Device" and click Properties
6.) Click the Driver Tab
7.) Click Update Driver
8.) Click Browse my computer for driver software
9.) Click Browse
10.) Go to the Samsung folder I mentioned above (32bit: C: -> Program Files -> Samsung -> PC DLC Driver | 64bit: C: -> Program Files (x86) -> Samsung -> PC DLC Driver)
11.) Click PC DLC Driver, make sure it is highlighted.
2njd6d0.png

12.) Click OK
13.) Click Next
14.) Windows will install the driver and everything should work!
If you need more help or it doesn't work, you can ask questions. :)
I hoped this helped!
[/QUOTE]

I did everything that has been suggested and still my phone will not connect. I tried your suggestion, but under other devices, I get the heading SAMSUNG CDMA Technologies with the yellow asterisk. Please someone respond and help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally got PC Studio To Work

I have been trying off and on for about 3 weeks now trying to get my phone to sync up to my Samsung Impression. I have tried all the listed fixes on this site with no luck.

Samsung has just now came out with a new version of Samsung PC Studio.
The new version is called "New PC Studio"
(How creative is that for a software revision :()
It looks like the file name is
"Samsung_NPS_For_SGH_A877_Impression_BuilsIC8"
You don't have to install a separate driver now because the driver is installed during the PC Studio installation. Be sure to uninstall the PC studio and the driver that you have on your PC now before installing the new version.
NOTE: I have installed this on my Win XP machine and my Win7 32bit laptop using the same software revision. Also be sure to uninstall your old software version and the driver before installing the new revision.

It doesn't look like the new revision has all of the same options as the old version. I don't see a backup of your phone numbers and other features are missing.

So far I have been able to load Pics, Audio files, Ring Tones, and Video's but am having trouble installing any kind of Game or App.
I have found some info about using a program called TKFE File Viewer and just installed it tonight. It connected to my phone fine but that is as far as I have gotten so far but I did see a bunch of files that I hadn't seen before.
I have had to do a lot of digging around on Samsung's forums and website:
AT&T Samsung Impression Info | AT&T Cell Phones | Blog about att phones.
Don't give up on searching there website you may have to dig around until you find what you need.
This has all been quite frustrating
icon8.gif
, I can't believe Samsung developed such bad software.
My next thing I am wanting to do is to install some games that use .jar files.
That's were the TKFE File Viewer comes into play. But I haven't read everything about how to do this yet.

Hope this helps even if its just in a small way. :confused:

Here is the link to the "Samsung New PC Studio"

AT&T Samsung Impression PC Studio Software Download | AT&T Cell Phones | Blog about att phones.

Scroll down till you see "Click Here" to download PC studio.

Also here is the link to download the TKFE program.
AT&T Samsung Mythic A897 TKFE Software Download | AT&T Cell Phones | Blog about att phones.
NOTE: This is for a different phone but it also works on the Impression.

Also the TKFE program has a problem but here is the fix for it:
"How to fix the TKFE Can’t Work Problem? 1.please make sure your phone is set on USB mode.
Dial *#197328640# like you were making a call
select 9 fro common
select 6 for usb configuration"
(I tried this fix and it worked and was able to connect my phone to my computer)

Below is the instructions for connecting your phone to the TKFE program.

Lets get connected! Attach the USB cable and make sure that PC Studio is closed. Open TKFE and hit the settings icon (has a gear on it). If the drivers have installed successfully, you should see multiple com ports listed under the dropdown list for ports. Depending on many factors, the correct port could be any of these, so try them (by selecting them and trying to connect) until you get one that works. Select that port, make sure the baud rate is set to the highest setting, and hit OK.

Here is another informative link with 9 pages of info for the impression:
AT&T Samsung Impression Info | AT&T Cell Phones | Blog about att phones.

Geez ... what a BIG hassle all of this has been !!!

You would think a manufacture would do some testing with there software on different operating systems before releasing it out to the public. :(

Anyway I hope this helps on your phone.
I have installed the TKFE program and have connected to it but I haven't tried it to install a game or App yet. With my luck it will be another 2 or 3 days searching on the internet to find the fix to get this to working. :mad:
NOTE: I did read somewhere that you have to make a separate folder for each game and/or App.

~mike...

Re: samsung pc studio win7 fixed

Thanx very very much to xFurYx. I was going to give up and found your solution which is excellent.

From my side, I've under Windows7-64bits and have a Samsung M3200.
I've directly used Vista SP2 compatibility mode.

Re: samsung pc studio win7 fixed

hey xfuryx ur the best iwass trying from da whole day but i read ur post and it works
ur lovely
thnxxxxxxxxxxx alooot man

My problem, if it could be called such, is peculiar. I have winxp, SP3, on the computer in question. The drivers are installed, the device manager agrees it's an SCH-U750 (Alias 2 for those who are unfamiliar with that), the Verizon Access Manager can pull the text messages off the phone, and Windows itself treats it as portable device that allows me to access the SD card to copy stuff to and fro. However...the PC Studio 7 I just downloaded doesn't seem to recognize a phone is there in either USB mode it has (modem and media sync). Now I KNOW there's got to be some way for me to be able to put games on this phone other than to flash the phone back over to Verizon, subscribe to one of their lame plans, download the games, break the contract and pay outrageous fees, and flash the phone back over to Cricket with the entire process costing a few hundred dollars. :p

Samsung PC studio works fine on Windows 7.There is some USB problems.I updated it.Then I used bluetooth 2.1 windows 7 compatible(Trust) and connected(install drivers to bluetooth,and make your phone bluetooth visible).There is some issue finding comunication port my is port 40 .After it works fine as before.

That program works fine, except one problem, its not the program for my phone and many others.

Can someone solve the issue with the program that was mentioned, not the older versions. Thanks.

Try this program, it worked for me, Samsung Kies freeware download - Samsung Apps : From PC to Mobile - Best Freeware Download I was thrilled when it recognized my phone finally!!! I saw so many people with the same problem I wanted to pass this tidbit on. It took trying everything to get it to work. Unless you have AT&T or Verizon you can't tether directly through the program but you can now set up a manual dial up connection in your windows network connections. I know if you have metro pcs your username is your 10digit[email protected] and your password is mymetropcs, dial: #777. Now I have unlimited, but slow internet on my computer, so excited!!!:p Anyways, that programs drivers will allow you to use your phone as a modem, can't believe it worked, but like I said, I tried everything.

hi,
me 2 having same problems......i have samsung pc studio cd-rom.....it workd finely the 1st time i installd it...but now the software is not recognising my phone thru usb(earlier i used to connect pc & phone using bluetooth dongle) wen i click connect option in pc suite it only says search for bluetooth & not usb .......& now it only works in mass storage mode and not in pc studio mode..yeah i hav genuine data cable.....ihav windows 7 ulti 32-bit os....compatibility mode did'nt workd.....plz help!.

I know this is an old thread, but I am running into the same issue trying to install Samsung New Studio on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1. I have tried installing under both Windows Vista SP2 and XP SP2 compatibility mode, and no go.

Have looked for a driver everywhere with no luck. There is no folder on this version of the program called "PC DLC DRIVER". I have also tried installing Samsung PC Studio V7.22 (also under compatibility mode). Same issue with the USB driver. I can't believe this is so 'friggin complicated! Any help appreciated.

This solved my problem. Now I can use my phone as a modem...

Thanks to Gahzee

[quote author=Gahzee link=topic=10344.msg240929#msg240929 date=1262227881]
It works for me. It didn't work at first but I figured out how later on.
I currently have Windows 7, 64 bit.
If you have installed Samsung New PC Studio, go to the folder to where you installed it.
(ie. 64bit: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung' or 32bit: 'C:\Program Files\Samsung'), if you have not installed it yet, you can download it Link Removed due to 404 Error.
Now, in the Samsung folder, there should be a folder named 'PC DLC Driver' (without the '). If you do not have that folder, please reply saying so.
If you have that folder, continue on:
1.) Go to Control Panel (Start -> Control Panel)
2.) Click Hardware and Sound
3.) Click Device Manager (in the Devices and Printers section)
4.) There should be a device named "Unknown Device" or something similar to it, I have no clue since I've fixed it already (sorry!). It should look like this:
35ix93m.png

make sure Unknown Device is under Other Devices!
5.) Right click the "Unknown Device" and click Properties
6.) Click the Driver Tab
7.) Click Update Driver
8.) Click Browse my computer for driver software
9.) Click Browse
10.) Go to the Samsung folder I mentioned above (32bit: C: -> Program Files -> Samsung -> PC DLC Driver | 64bit: C: -> Program Files (x86) -> Samsung -> PC DLC Driver)
11.) Click PC DLC Driver, make sure it is highlighted.
2njd6d0.png

12.) Click OK
13.) Click Next
14.) Windows will install the driver and everything should work!
If you need more help or it doesn't work, you can ask questions. :)
I hoped this helped!
[/QUOTE]

Back