Windows 7 Samsung Tocco F480 doesn't work with PC Studio 3

Rhianna

When I bought my Samsung Tocco I was given a cd with it. I have recently got a new computer with Windows 7.
It does not recognize phone, but will on my laptop which runs on Windows XP.

Please Help.

Hi Rhianna,
try running the USB drivers found this page (as there is no 7 drivers, use vista ones instead ):

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Have you tried using a different USB port? You could also try running the drivers under compatibility mode. To do this right-click on the start up exe and choose properties. Look for compatibility along the top and then click it. You can make the change so it will run as if it's using either vista or xp.

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks but I've already tried this before and it still doesn't work.

dont install any of the drivers,on mine it says "windows doesnt recognize these drivers, install anyway"(or something like that) so dont,then go to device manager and you should see samsung modem ,right click and try install from there,if not, run samsung studio then try pluging youre phone in,or try samsung pc studio 7.2,hope this might help

dont install any of the drivers,on mine it says "windows doesnt recognize these drivers, install anyway"(or something like that) so dont,then go to device manager and you should see samsung modem ,right click and try install from there,if not, run samsung studio then try pluging youre phone in,or try samsung pc studio 7.2,hope this might help

Untitled-1ft_edited-1.jpg Does that picture help? I downloaded PC Sudio 71.2 a while back but that still didn;t work. Thanks for the help though :)

Last edited:
Have you tried using a different USB port? You could also try running the drivers under compatibility mode. To do this right-click on the start up exe and choose properties. Look for compatibility along the top and then click it. You can make the change so it will run as if it's using either vista or xp.

I got an email saying you replied. But the message on the forum seems to have gone after I looked at it for a while?

But anyway I installed the Windows Mobile and still no luck. I also plugged mu phone into a different Usb port and it said searching for drivers, but it was unable to find any. I tried plugging my phone in again and nothing came up.

I've looked through the Samsung website for download for your phone and no where do I see Windows 7 mentioned. Vista yes, Windows 7 no.. I'm starting to think that this is your problem and until Samsung release some compatible 7 drivers it looks like your stuck with using the xp machine I'm afraid.
The only other thing I can think of suggesting is you try a Samsung forum? You never know someone may have one to work with 7 or knows of a particular driver ect..
Try googling for a samsung forum, a few do come up so take your pick..

Sorry not to have been more help but I do advise to keep looking though... Especially on the samsung forums.

Samsung still has no answer to this

Rhianna and others, I have been chasing Samsung for months now regarding this issue - they have notified me by email that "unfortunately the Samsung mobile phones currently have no software support for Windows 7 users" oh, and they have no idea when it will be available !! What a disgrace - I expect by now 100's of thousands (if not millions) of their customers cannot back up their valuable phone contacts, appointments etc. Of course Samsung is happy to sell you a notebook with Win 7 installed - just don't try to install PC Studio and connect your phone. I can wait any longer - as I use my phone for work I'm going to have to replace it with one from a company that keeps up to date. BTW, I can't find anything on their support pages telling you this, and sure as heck you won't be told at the point of sale.

I'm experiencing a problem with Samsung PC Studio, however my phone is correctly recognized by Windows Device Manager.
I had to choose the exact directory where the driver (64 bit version, like my Windows 7 Professional is) was located after their installation.
If you're still in search of a solution to get your F480 be recognized, try to follow these steps:
1) connect your F480 to the PC through the USB port.
2) once Windows alerts you that a new device has been connected and propose you to install the driver, please choose the second button, the bottom one, which is labeled with something like "Search driver software in the computer" (I have a non-English version of Windows, so I don't know what exactly is written on that button), then on the second screen, select a specific folder for the specific driver to install by clickin on "Browse..." and select a directory similar to this one:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Samsung PC Studio 3\USB Drivers"
(this is the default directory where the driver setup program installs them) AND then make sure to enable the checkbox that instructs the driver manager to look into subfolders too (is should have a label like "Include subfolders"), then click Next on the bottom-right side of the window.
Almost certainly, the drivers are not digital signed (altough they come from the official Samsung site) so Windows should prompt you to confirm installation of any device (driver) virtually connected to the phone (Phone Modem, Samsung USB composite, Virtual Serial (COM) Ports, etc...): there's a way to avoid to manually confirm these steps by handling a setting in Windows' Policy Editor, but I do prefer to know what is going on.

Let me know if this helps, should you read this message after a long delay since the last reply in this thread XD.
Greetings.

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately this didn't work out. My phone acknowledges that it is connected to my pc but my
pc doesn't seem to.

I appreciate the help though :)

There's a phone setting which controls how the phone presence will (or will not) be acknowledged by your PC.

You can find it in Main Menu -> Settings (lower right icon) -> Phone settings -> PC connection: here you should select "Samsung PC Studio" before you connect the phone.

If you can, try it please...

Is Windows recognizing at least an "Unknown device" in Devices Manager?

The phone's was already set to Samsung PC Studio.
When I connect my phone nothing happens, it doesn't even recognize it as an unknown device.

It seems to be a USB cable problem.
Can you try plugging the cable to a different USB port?
I don't really think it's a problem strictly related to Windows, but to be sure you should try using Windows XP on this new computer and/or try using Windows 7 on your old laptop.
For both uses, you can search on google for a "live edition" of Windows 7 and Windows XP, and download them, better if you can download a CD image to burn and try-on-the-fly (if you don't have optical drives you can opt for a USB Pen-drive version to install into a USB disk).

Back
Top Bottom