Windows 7 Save game files from win xp to win 7

nezvo

Hi guys form my first post i have a question.

I am on XP now and i have bunch of save game files from lots of new games.Now,can i install clean windows 7,install all these games again on 7 and then transfer those save games from XP (which i previously put on external hdd) to fresh install games on win 7.Will it work?? THnx

Hi guys form my first post i have a question.

I am on XP now and i have bunch of save game files from lots of new games.Now,can i install clean windows 7,install all these games again on 7 and then transfer those save games from XP (which i previously put on external hdd) to fresh install games on win 7.Will it work?? THnx

Works fine, I do that all the time.

Yeah, i've done it with a lot of games, even with my Games For Windows Offline profile and these saves from GFW.
So no problem at all

Yeah, i've done it with a lot of games, even with my Games For Windows Offline profile and these saves from GFW.
So no problem at all
man i fucked up....so i install win 7,install resident evil 5 and batman arkham asylum they all have that games for window live shit.So i load resident evil and make new offline profile forggaten that i have old one.i go to new game and exit immediatly and replace save game folder with my old from XP and it doesnt work,in the menu of the game there isnt my old save from XP.help man help

My need for speed most wanted worked really well. Tho i had to create a profil to see where it create, but its almost at same place. In XP like was in my document, and in 7, its like Document, My games, ... something like that.

Most of the savegames that in WinXP where located on ''My Documents'' now on windows 7 you have to go to your personal folder (created with your username) and inside you have ''My Documents'' (C:\Users\(usernamehere)\Documents) folder, most of them goes there, like: EA Games folder, NFS Saves, and in My Games (under ''My Documents'' root) you can find the GFW (Games for Windows) savefiles.

man i fucked up....so i install win 7,install resident evil 5 and batman arkham asylum they all have that games for window live shit.So i load resident evil and make new offline profile forggaten that i have old one.i go to new game and exit immediatly and replace save game folder with my old from XP and it doesnt work,in the menu of the game there isnt my old save from XP.help man help

You can do the next steps: (Explained as RE5 saves)
When you start the game for first time, the account creation of games for windows live appears, so then you have to create a profile with the same name as being used under XP.

Now: RE5 the savefiles on XP where located on My Documents-->CAPCOM-->RESIDENT EVIL 5-->(GFW PROFILE NAME), this is the name of account used on XP try to create the account like it was, now to paste the savefiles, in windows 7, you have to go: C:\Users\(YOUR-WINDOWS7-USER-NAME)\Documents and paste the CAPCOM folder, is this doesn't works lemme know.

You can do the next steps: (Explained as RE5 saves)
When you start the game for first time, the account creation of games for windows live appears, so then you have to create a profile with the same name as being used under XP.

Now: RE5 the savefiles on XP where located on My Documents-->CAPCOM-->RESIDENT EVIL 5-->(GFW PROFILE NAME), this is the name of account used on XP try to create the account like it was, now to paste the savefiles, in windows 7, you have to go: C:\Users\(YOUR-WINDOWS7-USER-NAME)\Documents and paste the CAPCOM folder, is this doesn't works lemme know.

i did everything you tell me and situation is this.RE5 now tells me something like my saved game is broken and cant be loaded and in BATMAN i can see anything...

So i be doing some researching and things are like this.All save games files you copy paste to new OS after formating old one WORK.Now Games For Windows live games are diffrent story.For them to work you must copy game save files (of game that you want) and GFWL folder becouse it WILL NOT WORK without that folder

Back
Top Bottom