Windows 7 Saved Games - Help?

Fecal Face

Hi, I recently installed Windows 7 64-bit on my 1TB hard drive, and have Windows XP 32-bit on my other 300GB Hard drive.

I am in the process of reinstalling / moving my games over to Windows 7 from XP.

Now this may be tough to answer, and may depend on the game, but:
Where do I put my saved games?! :confused: :confused: :confused:

I have 2 "sets" of saved games from XP; The ones that were in My Documents, and the ones that were in My Games.

Where would I put them so they work on Windows 7?

So far I have tried putting them in:
User/My Documents
User/Saved Games
User/My Documents/My Games

None of these so far have worked for the games I've installed / moved.

I can list the games I'm moving / installing if needed.

Hi face..
I thought it depended on the particular game as to where it placed the saves? I just leave it up to the installation to decide where it's going... Usually mine are in the Document section (see screenshot).. Is it that you have some saved games that you want to play again?

Also don't forget that if you've saved a game in xp it won't work in 7.. You'll need to run it under xp for it to work because thats the os it was saved in..

Last edited:
To anybody who's reading this:

AHA!
I've discovered where Command and Conquer 3 / Kane's Wrath store their saved games!

Before I continue, my C&C3 Profile's name is "Mike"

The saved games for my C&C3 weren't showing up properly because the XP saved games folder for C&C3 was set up a little differently;

The XP folder is like this:
/Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath/Profiles/Mike/Savegames/

And the W7 folder this:
/Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath/Mike/

So by putting everything that was in /Profiles/Mike/Savegames/ into the W7 /Mike/ folder, My saved games appeared in-game. Hooray!

I'm assuming this is what I'll have to do for all the saved games from XP. We will see :D

Alright, it seems to have a different location depending on the game, Mirror's Edge saved it's games in:
User/My Documents/EA Games/Mirror's Edge

I guess I'll have to just open each game, save a game, and find it's location and fill that with my old savegames.

What fun.

Alright, it seems to have a different location depending on the game, Mirror's Edge saved it's games in:
User/My Documents/EA Games/Mirror's Edge

I guess I'll have to just open each game, save a game, and find it's location and fill that with my old savegames.

What fun.
I thought this is what you would have to do.. glad you got it sorted anyway..

on the subject of C&C games, also worth mentioning that the custom maps has moved to a new place also...in fact some games saves also hide here.

C:\Users\LOGIN NAME HERE\AppData\Roaming

Back