meicalnissyen

Hi

hardware is this:
gig h55-usb3
intel 530 [roc
8gig of 1333 mem from crucial
HD5570 card
pair of 250 drives in a striped raid
been having some issues with freezing, that seems better, now last few days some bsod, but restarts fine

did the scan now thing, nice tool i guess, but not much feedback
did the file to desktop trick, and here is the logView attachment sfcdetails.txt

Thanks Pat

I will read up on this

How much will I lose from the repair? drivers? or nothing

AND
why will it not let me backup to a drive with 75gig free space??
I would like to get that done before a repair operation

tAKE OWNERSHIP??

MY pc
SINGLE USER

HOW DO i SET A BLANKET, c DRIVE ALL INCLUSIVE WHERE i SAY "DELETE" AND THE FILE GOES AWAY, NO PROMPTS, QUESTIONS, TAKING OWNERSHIP ETC

Didn't look at the file, but agree with Pat.

Before doing a repair install, you might want to run the sfc from safe mode to see if it fixes all files from there, or not.

Also, you're welcome to post the bsod minidumps. C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the files from there to any other folder. Then zip them. Attach the zip to a post. We can look at this for the cause(s) of errors.

Last edited:
How much will I lose from the repair? drivers? or nothing
You'll probably have some driver updates to look at but you should not lose any user data

Having said that:
why will it not let me backup to a drive with 75gig free space??
I would like to get that done before a repair operation
You're very wise to be looking at doing this. What are you trying to use to do the back up (internal or thirdy party software) and where is the drive to which you are wanting to make the back up (another physical drive, partition of the main drive, internal/external etc)?

the wnsows backup(trying to make the red flag go away) it is now trying to store a 124gig file, so it makes sense it wont fit. the destination is an 80gig pata drive

I made the repair disk already, do i need the system image? or should I just worry about documents

guess I need another big slow chheep drive

A side issue arising out of this is the size of your system drive which should never need to be bigger than about 40 GB (mine has 17GB inuse with loads of apps installed). The size is presumable down to all your data being stored on your system drive which creates problems when you need to deal with situations like this. At some stage I would advise you get all your data extracted to a separate drive or partition making the system drive much more manageable.

Yeah, I used to roll like that, a small fast drive with the OS and a "bucket" drive with blabla

upgrade failed, so I guess if this pile of crap keeps crashing, I will do a clean install with a new XP disk and go back to stable computing

thanks for the advice

Back