Windows 7 Screen does not work anymore; windows dumps when booting, so I have to use safe mode

bsoddumps

Hi forum,

The screen of my laptop does not work anymore, despite suffering no physical damage. Therefore, from now on I am using an external monitor and safe mode with networking.
When booting, the windows symbol appears normally, yet before showing the desktop a crash dump pops.
Launch startup repair does not solves the issue, showing no results whatsoever.

Thank yo so much in advance.

Attachments

• cpuz_driver_980 ERROR.zip
    63.1 KB · Views: 522
  • MONITOR ERROR.PNG
    MONITOR ERROR.PNG
    7.3 KB · Views: 523
  • SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip
    135.4 KB · Views: 509
  • W7F_11-10-2016.zip
    70.5 KB · Views: 448
  • WIN7-PC-10_10_2016_175326,72.zip
    188.4 KB · Views: 460
  • W7F_16-10-2016 small dump.zip
    79.7 KB · Views: 450
Wow did i miss this...
To enable dump file production:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You also need a pagefile running of at least 200mb for mini-dumps (larger for memory dumps but a mini dump will do).

Wait for the next bsod event and use the app provided in the above thread to collect data.

Zip and post data.

I do not know what a pagefile is. Could you elaborate a bit?
If you have never touched the pagefile then chances are it's fine and you do not need to worry about it. We only mention that because some users turn their pagefiles off when using an SSD. Basically a pagefile is virtual RAM, the system uses a portion of the HDD as RAM.

What app are you referring to?
As I mentioned in the thread found here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
You'll find an app to help collect the data
tool.JPG

Should I restart in normal mode, wait for one more dump (now that I have set the "small memory dump") and immediately to safe mode to run the Diagnostic Tool?
yes now that you enabled it and post the results

Hi,
unfortunately no dump file was produced although i can see from the other data that your graphics driver doesn't look quite right in the dxdiag.
As you might be aware laptop drivers are usually supplied by the manufacturer apart from some graphics drivers.

Please use the Display Driver Uninstaller or DDU to uninstall your current driver. This app will also remove anything else left behind by previous installs.
The DDU works best in safe mode:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.2.1 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

See if the system will boot to the desktop.

If you can now access the desktop, visit your manufacturers homepage and download the Windows 7 drivers for your system GT520:
Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site

If you still can't access the desktop then post back.

You can also find the dump files yourself. In the main windows folder look for a folder marked minidump.

Your pagefile does look a little small. Follow this guide making sure that whatever figure you input, it's the same in both boxes as this stops pagefile fragmentation:
How to increase Page File size or Virtual Memory in Windows

Set the Pagefile size to something like 4.5GB (at the moment it's 875mb)

Good luck with the testing.

I can choose between 3 different graphics drivers, namely Nvidia, AMD and Intel. Which one should I select?
I took a screenshot and arrowed the required driver:
driversvideo.JPG

Just above the driver arrowed is the Physx driver which is also needed.

I could 'set windows automatic driver installation to default
Generally drivers are best installed by yourself as these auto programs can get it wrong.

Also, I do not know what is the main windows folder is to find the minidumps.
Click on the 'C' drive and you'll see a number of folders. One will be called Windows and it's in here you can find the mindump folder.

I took a screenshot and arrowed the required driver:

Sorry, I should've specified that it's the DDU that offers me those three graphic drivers to select up on the right corner. Which one should I chose?
Also, there are no files at all in the folder for minidumps

The option at the top.
Hi again, there's a drop-down menu which shows the following options in the following order: graphics drivers, namely Nvidia, AMD and Intel.
AMD is the one which appears as default, so should I leave it as such?

@kemical: Just reading through this thread, and I was also confused, so I did some digging into the OP's original BSOD dump files and I think I may have found a discrepancy. Take a look at my notes here:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
From OP’s original dxdiag posted Tue. 10/11/16) for System Model: Aspire 5742G:

Name: AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E4&SUBSYS_04871025&REV_00\4&6FAB1F9&0&0008

Driver: n/a

Also shown in MSINFO32 under IRQs:

IRQ10: AMD Radeon HD6300M Series.

Also shown in MSINFO32 under Components->Pantalla (Screen)

AMD Radeon HD6300M Series

AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x68E4)

RAM: 512MB

Version: 15.200.1062.1004

Controller (controlador): c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6463, 649,50KB, 04/08/2015 3:42)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

From the Acer support site:

VGA AMD VGA DRIVER 8.741.0.0000 241.1MB 2010/08/18 DOWNLOAD

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm not sure where you are getting the NVidia GT520 from; his dxdiag file and msinfo32 file both show his graphics chip is the
AMD Radeon HD6300M Series. Therefore, OP should be using the AMD driver, not the NVidia driver. Perhaps I missed something else that you saw. What I also noticed is that the AMD driver the OP has currently is dated 04/08/2015 in his Win7 currently running. The AMD driver listed above from the Acer support site for his model laptop is dated 08/18/2010; almost 5 years older than the AMD driver OP appears to have currently installed (at least he did on 10/11/16). It appears that OP may have gotten the wrong driver in his W7 configuration; possibly due to a failed W10 update or W10 AU update???o_O If I'm correct and the information the OP uploaded to us was also correct, he is somehow selecting the wrong video driver (neither NVidia or Intel are correct), and that could be causing his BSOD problems. Perhaps you could review what I have and take a closer look to see if that's the case. If I'm mistaken, please accept my apologies for butting in. LOL. Hope that helps!

Cheers! :)
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back
Top Bottom