Screen Saver Win 10 not working

Joner

Hello all.
I had an issue with the screen stopped working some months ago after what I thought caused by a Win update.
This weekend I had to do a complete reinstall after BSOD so now with all updates installed I still cannot get the screen saver to work?
I have tried many fixes but no luck.
Any ideas please?

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your screen saver. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot the issue.

To start with, let's try a few basic troubleshooting steps:

1. Check your power settings: Make sure the screen saver is enabled and set to activate after the desired period of inactivity. You can find these settings by right-clicking on the desktop, selecting "Personalize," and then choosing "Lock screen" and "Screen saver settings."

2. Disable any third-party software or utilities: Sometimes, third-party software can interfere with the screen saver. Try disabling or uninstalling any recently installed programs or utilities to see if they are causing the issue.

3. Update your graphics drivers: Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can sometimes cause problems with the screen saver. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer and download the latest drivers for your specific model.

4. Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan: This tool can check for and repair corrupted system files, which could be causing the issue. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and type "sfc /scannow" (without quotes). Press Enter and wait for the scan to complete.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, here are a few more advanced troubleshooting options you can consider:

1. Check for conflicting software: Certain software, such as security programs or remote access tools, may prevent the screen saver from working properly. Try temporarily disabling these types of software to see if it makes a difference.

2. Perform a clean boot: This will start Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, which can help identify if any third-party software is causing the issue. Instructions on how to perform a clean boot can be found on the Microsoft website.

3. Reset the Windows theme: Sometimes, a corrupted or incompatible theme can interfere with the screen saver. Right-click on the desktop, select "Personalize," and choose a different theme. Then, try setting up the screen saver again.

I hope these steps are helpful to you. Let me know if you have any further questions or if the issue persists.

Back
Top Bottom