Searching for an old thread?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

Not too long ago I posted about an Icon Creation program in the discussion forum that was really easy and fun to use, and it was free!

I'm trying to find that post but when I go to my profile and try to find posts I've started I get a new page with this message.

no such filter attribute 'groupparentid'

If anyone know how to get to my list or has the link to the program, it was one of the things I lost in the crash, and I want to make some new icons.

Thanks for the help...

Mike

Hi

Never mind, in my research looking for the program I discovered that there is a plugin that lets you save .ico files in Adobe Photoshop.

Works great, just create your image the way you always did, size it to an appropriate size for and icon, (the size of the file doesn't change the size of the icon, just the resolution), and if you make it too big it won't work.

When you are done just go to save and select .ico as the file type.

Here's the link to the plugin for anyone having Photoshop, I know it works with CS2.

Make Windows Icon Files With Photoshop

Mike

This may be a problem with the way Sphinx search engine is programmed for the forum software. It is a known issue we are looking at on some searches.

Back