Windows 7 Send File via Bluetooth Option Missing

tabbymulla

Hi All,

I used to send files to my mobile phone via Bluetooth option in the "Sent to" menu. A few days ago I found out it was missing. A further few days back, I reinstalled my bluetooth software as its tray icon was missing :(

I have reinstalled bluetooth software but still the "Sent to -> Bluetooth" option is missing and I couldn't find the option to enable it.

I am unable to send files via bluetooth unless connected to PC Suite.

Kindly help me in this matter. Thankyou

Tabby

There may be additional options if you hold shift and right click, then check the send to options.

If that doesn't work, in the search box on the start menu, type shell:sendto and check if the Bluetooth option is there. If it is not, you should be able to add a shortcut to include it. I do not have Bluetooth, so I cannot tell what shortcut to use.

Holding shift wasn't helpful but the shell:sendto folder contains a file named "bluetooth.btwsendto" which has nothing associated with it.

I have built-in bluetooth in my HP dv6. When I used to click "Send to -> Bluetooth", a wizard ran which searched for bluetooth enabled devices and etc. just like mobile bluetooth sending.

Any idea to link the file?

Ok, Now I checked this file on another laptop and this file "bluetooth.btwsendto" is supposed to be opened with "Unknown application" as the property dialog box displayed and the same also displayed with in my laptop. Still I associated it with a file named "btsendto_explorer.exe" in the bluetooth software installation directory, but still no result.

Then I just created a shortcut of the file "btsendto_explorer.exe" in the shell:sendto folder and yuppeeeeeeeeeeeeee, there is the option of btsendto_explorer in the "Send to" menu which runs the same wizard that used to run before the problem.

Now I have renamed the shortcut to "Bluetooth" and it looks and works the same as original :).

Additionally, I tried to use the bluetooth.btwsento on the other laptop on my laptop but it is still associated with the association I made and not with the Unknown Application :-(, now I am searching the option how to remove association :-D.

Since I do not have the Bluetooth, I cannot check, but perhaps if you right click on the shortcut, or entry and select properties, it will show which .exe is being used.

If it is a true shortcut, you should be able to alter the current path to make it work. Perhaps the file is located in a different directory on each computer.

Additionally, I tried to use the bluetooth.btwsento on the other laptop on my laptop but it is still associated with the association I made and not with the Unknown Application :-(, now I am searching the option how to remove association :-D.
This is a little confusing to me. The association may not work because of a file located in a different directory, or the install did not put what it needed in the system. I am not a programmer, but "bluetooth.btwsento" may be an instruction set.

If you want to remove an entry from the sendto folder, you should be able to just delete it, or move it to another location and make sure it is normal prior to deleting.

Last edited:
Yeah, the bluetooth.btwsendto file is an instruction set which, i guess, had been corrupted and reinstalling the software doesn't repair it :(.

But luckily i found a file name btsendto_explorer.exe in the bluetooth installation directory which do not run if double clicked but experimented its shortcut in the shell:sendto folder which is working the same as the instruction set used to work.

Thanks for the hint.

I had the same problem and I did the following and it worked
  1. Open the run command by clicking windows + R and then type shell:sendto it opens the send to menu and keep this folder opened.
  2. Type Bluetooth file transfer in windows search, typically the application will appear.
  3. Drag this application into the send to folder and rename it there to be Bluetooth
  4. done

Yeah, the bluetooth.btwsendto file is an instruction set which, i guess, had been corrupted and reinstalling the software doesn't repair it :(.

But luckily i found a file name btsendto_explorer.exe in the bluetooth installation directory which do not run if double clicked but experimented its shortcut in the shell:sendto folder which is working the same as the instruction set used to work.

Thanks for the hint.
it was one of the best answers i got...i almost lost any hope of any solution to this problem..thank you tabbymulla

luckily i found a file name btsendto_explorer.exe in the bluetooth installation directory which do not run if double clicked but experimented its shortcut in the shell:sendto folder which is working the same as the instruction set used to work.

Thanks for the hint.

Thank you this helped me greatly :D

Back
Top Bottom