Windows 10 Serious Bug on Microsoft Account Web site re aliases

Zoe Warwick

I am trying to set a new alias for my Microsoft account using an existing email account.

The option is on the screen but when I enter the email address and submit it I get an error message telling me that the email address is already being used.

It seems to be linking it to the set up a new email account box as I found when I accidently entered my email address incorrectly and set up a new account.

Unfortunately it only set up the account it did not add it to the aliases list. Obviously the error stopped at that point.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-10-16 063512.png
    Annotation 2019-10-16 063512.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 107
I did that to find the bug. I have removed the email address for security.

I have tried 3 different email addresses with the same result.

It does however accept mistypes and sets up a new email address in the process, but then does not add it to the aliases list.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-10-16 063512.png
    Annotation 2019-10-16 063512.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Hi. The thread has not appeared here yet, so I am replying to your email

The email address I want to add to the account is my own personal one and the main one I use. In testing etc I have both accidentally and intentionally set up 3 email addresses I don't really want to set up another one.

I have already been onto the help desk. I was told that my private information could not be changed by them. I did ask for a verification code but was not offered one.

Having tried to change my alias once to link in with the email address on my iPhone, which did not work because verification code cannot be sent to a non Microsoft email address, I find that I am locked out of changing it again for a week.

I was in the middle of the process for allowing someone remote access to my Laptop when I accidentally closed the tab with the chat on and I got cut off. since I did not have either the reference number, the access code or the name of the person I was talking to, without reference to the tab, I could not resume the conversation.

That only helps my immediate need it does not sort the problem for the future. If there is an error in the script, which I cannot check on my new laptop, because I need a verification code to go to the screen, why can't you just fix it so the problem does not occur again. I think I have already had and reported this problem before.

I am finding this whole process extremely and un-necessary frustrating. I need to get it resolved now so that I can get my new laptop sorted before my old one dies completely.

I am reasonably intelligent and normally manage to fix my own problems which is why I am new to the forum. I found the first reply to my report of the issue a little strange when you told me to repeat steps that I had obviously taken to find and report the issue in the first place.

Last edited:
Hi these guidelines I have over the years worked and does not have that bug cropped up so if someone else whom the bug has come forward and has received a corrected tell it how it was successful.
thank you Rapaa

I experiment to computer as JPG then open OneNote. Next I insert the report to OneNote however I by no means see the right click options at the videos as you can see. I suppose as soon as I get that step I can paste it to Word as I have the 2019 model.

Back
Top Bottom