Windows 7 Serious problem Repeated error messages about the OS not being genuine

MTHall51

I am at my wits end with this. I have had my Asus laptop for almost a year with no problems with the OS. After weeks in hospital finally got home and turned on the laptop. Now I am getting repeated error messages saying my OS is not genuine. ANY advice or thoughts are much appreciated.

I am at my wits end with this. I have had my Asus laptop for almost a year with no problems with the OS. After weeks in hospital finally got home and turned on the laptop. Now I am getting repeated error messages saying my OS is not genuine. ANY advice or thoughts are much appreciated.

I have no idea why that might have happened. This probably won't do it but worth a shot to check out. Have you gone to start and brought up system? Just a crazy idea that you may have to reactivate it. Some where on the computer you should have your product key that is if it is oem. If that don't work, give microsoft a call. They might be able to fix it.

It may be a problem with the Windows checking utility. Perhaps if you go to Windows update, it will ask to update that utility and the update might allow the correct check to be made. Not sure about this, and I do not remember the name of the utility. I believe ActiveX is required to validate with IE. Firefox looks like it needs a plug-in.

You might check this Microsoft page, especially the parts about validation.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/genuine/faq

Maybe this if necessary:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Back