Windows 7 Server says it's full but it's not

matador657

Hello, I'm having trouble with my server - whenever I try to copy a file from an external hard drive to a folder in my network server, a window pops up saying the space is full. However, I know that there should be space. The server holds about 1 TB of data and there is currently only 200 GB or so. Furthermore, I have recently deleted about 700 GB of data so there should be space. No matter how much I delete, the window keeps popping up. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? Thanks!

Hello, I'm having trouble with my server - whenever I try to copy a file from an external hard drive to a folder in my network server, a window pops up saying the space is full. However, I know that there should be space. The server holds about 1 TB of data and there is currently only 200 GB or so. Furthermore, I have recently deleted about 700 GB of data so there should be space. No matter how much I delete, the window keeps popping up. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? Thanks!

Hi

This is probably a dumb answer, but is there any chance that the 700 Gb of deleted files is still in the Recycle Bin?

Mike

Back