Windows 7 Service startup error after latest Windows updates

tkrojam

Hi, everyone. I am new here~

I just installed some of the latest Windows updates for my Windows 7 SP1. However, the following balloon notification pops up in the tray upon reboot:

1301191647c5c429086ea663d2.jpg

13011916479e488ab768093aac.jpg

What will be the work-around? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Not really sure an update would cause such a problem, but you might check the dependencies tab and check if those are running. You can check the Mup in msinfo32.exe under Software Environment - System Drivers and the other two are services. If they are not running, we will need to check why.

Have you made any changes to your system regarding permissions?

Not really sure an update would cause such a problem, but you might check the dependencies tab and check if those are running. You can check the Mup in msinfo32.exe under Software Environment - System Drivers and the other two are services. If they are not running, we will need to check why.

Have you made any changes to your system regarding permissions?

Thanks, Saltgrass, Microsoft Community Contributor. My a/c is always admin, this error did not appear before I undergo Windows update. Please have a look:

GPC.jpg

DCOM.jpg

MUP.jpg

RPC.jpg

Last edited:
Since everything else seems to be running, perhaps doing a system file check would find some problem. Open an administrative command prompt and type sfc /scannow and let it finish. If it shows a message about unable to repair some files, let us know.

Since everything else seems to be running, perhaps doing a system file check would find some problem. Open an administrative command prompt and type sfc /scannow and let it finish. If it shows a message about unable to repair some files, let us know.

Thanks. Now everything goes fine after I downloaded and exexcuted gpsvc.reg

(Download link removed as it could have been accidentally executed by anyone reading this post)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom