Windows 10 Setting colors in Windows 10

Jaap Verhage

Hello everyone,

one of the things I dislike in Windows 10 is the limited ability it gives me to set the colors I want. In previous versions of Windows, you could do this in great detail via the Control Panel or desktop properties. The choices you get in Windows 10 are very limited, compared to those in previous versions of Windows. All the relevant keys and values still seem to be there in the registry, but Windows doesn't seem to be using them. I have two questions.

1) Can I make Windows use the relevant registry entries to set the interface colors? If so, how?
2) Is there a way to set the interface colors just like in previous versions of Windows? If so, how?

Thank you for tour time and trouble.

Regards, Jaap.

Hello everyone,

one of the things I dislike in Windows 10 is the limited ability it gives me to set the colors I want. In previous versions of Windows, you could do this in great detail via the Control Panel or desktop properties. The choices you get in Windows 10 are very limited, compared to those in previous versions of Windows. All the relevant keys and values still seem to be there in the registry, but Windows doesn't seem to be using them. I have two questions.

1) Can I make Windows use the relevant registry entries to set the interface colors? If so, how?
2) Is there a way to set the interface colors just like in previous versions of Windows? If so, how?

Thank you for tour time and trouble.

Regards, Jaap.

Found this very helpful to change accent color & theme:

Hello Redwan,

thanks for replying. I'm going to try out your suggestions. I still don't understand why Microsoft had to leave out the Windows 7 way of doing things; that worked fine.

Regards, Jaap.

Back