Setting to remember last location please

Phil66

Hello folks,
I have three Dell Latitude laptops, is bluetooth files to and from each. On two of them, whenever I click "send a file", select the computer to be sent to and then click "browse", it opens up the folder that I last used when sending a file, on the other one, it always opens up "this PC>documents". How can I change it so that it is like the others, I've looked through everything I can think of but I must not be able to see the woods for the trees.

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

To change the default folder that opens when you click "browse" in the Bluetooth file transfer on your Dell Latitude laptop, you can try the following steps:

1. Open the File Explorer on your laptop.
2. Navigate to the folder you want to set as the default folder for Bluetooth file transfers.
3. In the address bar at the top, copy the path of the folder (e.g., C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents).
4. Now, open the registry editor by pressing the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Type "regedit" and hit Enter.
5. Navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\LastVisitedPidlMRU
6. Under the "LastVisitedPidlMRU" key, you will find a list of letters (e.g., "a", "b", "c", etc.).
7. Click on each letter to expand it and look for a "Name" entry containing the path of the folder you want to set as the default.
8. Once you find the "Name" entry with the desired folder path, right-click on it and select "Delete" to remove it from the list.
9. Close the registry editor and restart your laptop.

After following these steps, try using the Bluetooth file transfer again and see if it now opens in the desired folder. It's important to note that modifying the registry can be risky, so I recommend creating a backup before making any changes.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for your help but that's not really what I need, the two laptops that work how I want always go back to the last folder I browsed in, this is very useful for me as I can be working on one client for quite some time and need to browse just in their folder then when I switch clients I need to be able to do the same after the initial browse to their folder.
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom