Windows 7 Setting up Standard User account without password

prroots

I'm a 7 newbie. I wish to setup a Standard user account without password for visitors. I will employ parental controls to limit access to most programs. How do I edit the Start menu of the newly created Standard user account so that the restricted programs are not visible? At the moment, the Start menu in Standard user account is the same as in Administrator account. Thanks.

Thanks. That was the clue I needed. I did a cut & paste from where user = 'All Users' into the location where user = Administrator. Once accomplished the entries no longer showed up in the Standard user account.

I did it once before and now that I'm trying again, it's denying access with user = 'All Users'. I want to cut & paste from their into the administrator account show it doesn't show up in Visitor accuount. How do I gain access? I am logged in as administrator.Thanks
Pete

I did it once before and now that I'm trying again, it's denying access with user = 'All Users'. I want to cut & paste from their into the administrator account show it doesn't show up in Visitor accuount. How do I gain access?

It doesn't deny access, that path you're trying simply doesn't exist.:)

For all users:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Back
Top Bottom