Windows 10 Sfc on Win 10 TP

davidhk129

I posted a similar thread but received no replies.

I'll ask again in a new thread in slightly different format...............

Win 10 TP users :
Please do a system file check and post back your results.
Both my laptops returned with corrupt files but unable to repair.
I suspect the culprit is not my laptops. It is the Win 10 ISO.
I used the non-Enterprise ISO file.

Thank you.

I have scanned prior and found corrupt files but this fixed it. David try this command in a admin command prompt:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

I have scanned prior and found corrupt files but this fixed it. David try this command in a admin command prompt:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Run sfc again. You'll get corrupt files report again.

Yup your right. I had a look at the corrupted files too and none of the files i saw looked critical. I've been using Win 10 Tech Preview as my primary os since it's release and haven't come across any show stopping bugs yet. Although what this means in real terms I guess we'll see.. Have you noticed anything in particular or is it just the record of the corrupt files which brought this to your attention?

Nothing appears to be wrong running Win 10 TP, but it is an uneasy feeling knowing the existence of corrupt files.

That also brings up the question of the real effectiveness of dism commands.

I had some, also. DISM did not fix. I can't image they are very meaningful or a concern since, my Win 10 is running so well, too.

Sure would never know this thing is 1st Beta Build. Running it Full Time & Full Screen and not evident that it is a "Preview". Speedy, steady, stable, smooth, snappy... you get the idea. Have loaded it to almost the equivalent of my 8.1 And this 4Gb, 2 processor, 250Gb HDD virtual machine is, @ least, as fast and fluid as the physical 8.1 Host. Boot time is super-quick. Everything I thrown @ it, so far, has installed quickly & run just fine.

I like how the multi Desktops can be used, overall the OS is easy to use and sure does not crave 3rd Party add-on stuff. Nor have I felt a need to enable the Desktop Toolbar (due to the start menu) and have no need to add the applications folder to the Taskbar. I do that in 8.1 to save changing screens to access things, again, due to the start menu.

It's early but, I like the thing & I think many others will, too. It is very easy to use.

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

Hi

Yes I posted on someone else's post but I find corrupt file when I run SFC /scannow.

Don't sweat it too much. The OS runs fine & well anyway and it's only a 1st Build Beta, anyway. It's a disposable commodity and is only going to be tossed soon so, not a big deal, @ all. We'll have another Build, @ least, by Q1 2015.

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom